Chapter 49: Cautious

TW: physical fighting/violence

Virge's POV:

    So... Heathers: The Musical is cool. It isn't near as good as BMC but it's ok. I was happy, looking through Heathers memes on Pinterest and Tumblr, casually sitting on my bed, back against my wall. Then Insanity appeared.
"Greetings and salutations," he said, smirking evilly. How JD-lightful... I sighed, "Here to beat me again?".

    "Yes, actually," he said, smirking.
"Can you not? Like I don't want to deal with your bullshit anymore– or at least today," I said lightly, sighing. Shit I shouldn't have said that!
"What did you just say?" He asked in a devilish demeanor. Knew it! I didn't answer. I sat my phone down on my bedside table.

    "ANSWER PEOPLE WHEN THEY SPEAK TO YOU!" He yelled, getting closer.
"I-I-I-I–"
"'I-I-I-I' sh-shut it sh-sh-shithead!" He interrupted, purposely stuttering to make fun of me.

    He stomped over to me and grabbed me by my shoulders and shoved me on the ground, me landing on my stomach and slightly griping in pain.

"YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT!" He yelled, kicking me in the side.

"NOBODY LOVES YOU!" He yelled at me, kicking my legs repeatedly.

    He stopped for a minute to calm down I think, I don't know. All I hear is panting and he's stopped. I rolled into my back painfully.
I looked up at him, he looked a little stressed and he was sitting on the edge of my bed.
"Don't look at me like that..." he said.
"L-like what?" I asked anxiously. I wasn't trying to make some kind of look, I was scared (as hell) of him.
"Nevermind..." He said.

    "Y'know what? Fuck this," he angrily muttered to me. I cautiously watched him get off my bed and walk off, and start pacing around my room.
"Deceit said he doesn't want to see you or be involved with you anymore," he said, looking at me but actually wasn't angry at me.
"Yeah, he said something similar to that when he stopped electrocuting me. May I ask... why?" I asked anxiously. He sighed.
"He said it was because he feels like you've been through enough shit from him. He beat you and was awful to you because... err– nevermind," he paused. "He told me I have full control of what to do to you, and that he's done. Now it's just me," He finished, somewhat calm and normal.
"Oh okay..." I said. Interesting, but Insanity was always way worse than Deceit when it came to beating.

He sighed, "I'll be back tomorrow".
"Okay..." I said, scared. Why does Deceit not want to get involved with me? Insanity sank out and I was left with dead silence but the silence was so loud. Why does Deceit not want to speak to me? When did he have a change of heart and why? Insanity was acting weird like there was a reason why Deceit stopped and he was about to tell me why but... couldn't. I want to know why. Should I show up to Deceit's room? Should I just enter the Uncommons and look for them? No, Insanity might beat me. SHIT!

    I was startled by someone knocking on my door, I flinched and stared at the door with fear, though I was not scared of who was on the other side. I slowly got up and covered my hands with my sleeve paws. I opened the door and looked up. Patton.

    "Heya Kiddo! I found this new type of pancake online and I was wondering... if you'd like to help me cook it?" Patton asked with a cheery voice and goofy smile. Hopefully I don't look alert, I don't want him to get suspicious of me just because I was overthinking.
"Umm... why me?" I asked.
"Well, Roman would rather conjure food though he knows how to cook, Logan is working on something, and I've never cooked with you before!" He said, still smiling.
"Oh... uh, yeah sure" I said awkwardly.
"Yay!" He exclaimed, clapping happily.