Chapter 45: Shitty Situations and Weird Realizations

TW: Electrocution, punching, knives, blood

Virgil's POV:

    I woke up to the same setting as last time, but the duct tape on my mouth seemed tighter or something. When did I pass out? I was listening to KPOP, how could I have fallen asleep listening to this shit? Like "I Need U" by BTS is bearable, but I'm not into music in different languages. Like Pop in general is okay, but this song is not the worst song ever, I guess. It's still mostly annoying. That's the point you dipshit. I know.

    There's no clock in here, I don't know how long I've been in here. I want to get out, but I can't. I want to go deaf, but I won't be able to listen to my music ever again. I also want to make out with Roman, but I don't know if I'll ever get him... ever.

3 hours later...

"Ok you shit weasel, I'm sick of this" Insanity said, walking in and shutting the door. I gave him a confused look (can't exactly talk y'know).
"I'm getting you in the electric chair," he said. I shook my head 'no' with wide eyes and screamed through the tape. He just laughed. He untaped my mouth.
"NO PLEASE DON'T INSANITY I SWEAR I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU SAY! P-PLEASE!" I yelled, tearing up.
"How about you shut the fuck up and cooperate you useless shit," he said.

Insanity conjured up a big knife.
"If you try to disobey or escape while I'm transferring you, I'll cut you. Got it?" He demanded. I nodded shakily. He untaped (and cut some tape off with the knife) my legs and arms; then took off the headphones and paused the music. He then walked me over to the electric chair in my room (no outlet to plug it in in my closet so I assume that's why it's out here), the knife at my neck. Deceit smirked at us, and gestured for me to sit down. I sat, I'm kinda forced anyway. Insanity kept the knife at my neck while Deceit tightened the belt around my legs and arms. He stuck the stickers with the wires on them on my forehead, hands, cheeks, and the top of my chest. Then Insanity took the knife away.

"Be glad this is probably only going to be a one time thing," Deceit said.
"Probably?!" I stated anxiously, Deceit getting up and walking away, but he seemed a little... off.

"I'm going to blast this music when you get electrocuted," Insanity said, smirking.

He blasted "I Need U" by BTS then Deceit grabbed the remote and cranked it to level 1 of 5 and I could hear the electricity turn on.
"Wait NO–" I yelled, then was interrupted by the electrocution.

Deceit's POV (ikr, I'm confused too lol no I'm not idk):

I didn't exactly like what we were doing to Virgil, but he deserves it. He abandoned us and left us to eat the dust. Now we're just repaying him, even though I want to make out with him more, paint each other's nails, put on his makeup, hear him laugh, stroke his hair, hug him, touch him, fuck him (hard)...

But I know it'll never happen. He loves Roman, Roman loves him back. He hates me, they all hate me. Vincent is my only friend. Why do I have to be like this? I just wish things were different. I'm not always the bad guy, but I'm supposed to be. I'm the leader of the Dark Sides for crying out loud! Oh well, I'll just have to get over Virgil. No matter how hard that'll be, I'll try. I bet Virgil will definitely be better off dating Roman than dating me, and I can't change that.

I stopped electrocuting Virgil.
"Deceit, what the fuck?!" Vincent exclaimed at me, pausing the music.
"I need to go," I said, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "Take over, but I don't want to hurt Virgil anymore".
"Wait, why?" He asked.
"I just can't..." I said, getting up and sinking out and appearing in my Uncommons room.

I sighed and wiped my tears. "Vincent will do a better job at hurting Virgil than I could ever do" I mumbled to myself. He doesn't have a lot of empathy and he has a lot of hate. He'll be stronger than I was. I need time to myself, time to ignore my feelings for Virge. Then I'll get over it and be able to be partially happy when Virgil is happy dating Roman, partially angry that he's happy, but most importantly: partially sad that it isn't with me.

Insanity's POV:

Ethan, he... he just... left me. Alone. With Virgil.
"I... uh..." I said. "I'm sorry Virgil,".
"Don't be, I deserve it" Virgil choked out.
"No, no, no, I'll go get you a g-glass of water, I'll be back," I said. Virgil nodded exhaustedly.

(A/N: SOMETHING BAD ALWAYS FLIPPIN' HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO GET A GLASS OF WATER, AND IT'S USUALLY VIRGIL, LIKE BREH)

I sank out of his room and appeared in the kitchen.
"Salutations, Insanity" I heard someone say. Logan. I turned around awkwardly.
"Oh, uh, hey, Lo! Wassup?" I said.
"First off, it's 'What's up', and second, why're you here?" He said, looking at me suspiciously.
"I needed a glass of water," I said.
"You can easily get a glass of water from your own kitchen in the Uncommons," he retorted.
"Y-yeah, but I was hangin' out with my buddy Virgil," I said.
He sighed, "It's 'hanging'. This is why I can never have a full-on conversation with you. Also, why are you 'hanging out' with Virgil?" He retorted, getting closer. Shit!

"Because we're friends..." I said. He gave me an even more suspicious look. I then punched him in the nose. His nose was bleeding as he held his nose in pain, I conjured up a water bottle and ran upstairs. I appeared in Virgil's room.

"Here's your water," I said, panting afterwards. I unstrapped Virgil completely and handed him the water bottle. I then snapped my fingers, and the chair was gone. The chair and stuff in the closet were also gone.
"Ummm..." Virgil said, confused and looking cautious.
"Deceit and I were never here" I said quickly, then sank out.

Virge's POV:

What in the hell is going on? I took 5 huge sips of water and then hid the water under my bed because I heard someone knock on my door very quickly, sounding urgent. I unlocked my door and opened it. It was Patton and Roman.
"Ummm.... what's happening?" I questioned.
"Logan's been punched, and he said it was because of Insanity!" Patton cried out.
"Do you know anything about this?!" Roman yelled. Not a huge fan of yelling...

"No, but is Logan okay?! Where is he?!" I asked frantically.
"Sitting on the couch," Roman said calmer, probably realizing I was shaking a little from them yelling. "Lemme see him" I said.

They slowly and silently had led me downstairs. As I walked down I was nervous and worried as fuck. When I was still on the stairs, Logan called, "Virgil, are you friends with Insanity?". I just froze.

Meanwhile...

Deceit's POV:

Insanity appeared in my room. I knew it was him, because the main sides (Roman, Logan, Patton) can't rise up into the Dark Sides' rooms (they have to come in through the door). Virgil can since he technically was originally a Dark Side, but now has Normal Side properties, so he's both, but the Normal Sides/Main Sides don't know he was previously a dark side.

I was sitting at the edge of my bed, my face buried in my hands. I looked up, "What do you want, Vincent?".
"I just wanted to see if you were okay... you know I care–"
"That's a lie!" I interrupted, jolting up.
"No it isn't!!" He yelled back.
"You're insane! You can't have empathy!" I yelled.
"But I can! I feel empathy sometimes, not all the time! I care about you, Ethan. I just want to know what's wrong. Why couldn't you hurt Virgil?"
"Because of my empathy..." I said, sitting back down. He sat next to me.
"Wait, you actually felt bad for him?"
"Kinda. Being his depressive thoughts and me hearing his own thoughts breaks my heart..."
"I know you love him. Dude, you kissed him" he said.
"Yeah, and I'm sorry to say this but I just can't hurt him anymore, or at least until I get over my feelings..." I said.

"I still can't get over mine. I've kept mine a secret for so long, I act like I don't care about anyone but myself and sometimes you..." He said, looking away.
"What do you mean?" I asked. He looked over at me. "What I mean is..." he trailed off, then swooped in and kissed me.

And that is when my perspective of Vincent changed forever.