"I mean I used to be where Niall is and Shannon was where you are. I didn't date- didn't think I needed to, to be happy in this world- but then she came along, fucked up the world I came to know, and then three years later we're engaged. Crazy, huh?"

I stared up at his ceiling in amazement. "Wow. She must really be special."

"She is." I looked over at him and he was now smiling up at his ceiling. "She's very special."

"Where is she?"

His smile fell and he looked over at me with a neutral expression. "Australia. I'm going back in a few weeks to visit and then she's moving out here to live with me."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why don't you just stay in Australia?"

He bit his lip and looked back to the ceiling. "Me and the boys kind of got into a lot of shit over there. We got in trouble with the law quite a bit and so we all moved out here to start all over. We were still selling drugs at that moment and that's how we met Niall. I mean...! Shit!" He covered his mouth and looked over at me like he just killed someone.

I smiled and shook my head. "I already knew Niall sold drugs. You're good."

His facial features softened and he looked back to the ceiling relieved. "Thank Jesus. Anyways, we moved out here and we were still with our boss from Australia so we started to sell drugs out here. We met Niall and the rest of the boys in London when we went to grab an order from over there and then we just kind of kept in contact." He shrugged and I nodded my head right when we both heard the door squeak open and the noise from outside the room grow.

"And then we can-"

"Katie. Please." I immediately sat up as I recognized the Irish voice that just stumbled into the room. Calum slowly sat up as well. My eyes widened when I took in the sight of Niall in the doorway with some brunette glued to his side. She was giggling and obviously drunk and we all jumped when she fell to the floor since Niall wasn't holding onto her.

Niall stepped away from her a bit and then his eyes drifted up, connecting with mine. He looked from me to Calum and I kept looking from him to the girl passed out on the floor with half her butt spilling out of her dress.

I instantly knew this looked bad so I scooted over a little bit from Calum, even though that just made me look guilty. "What the fuck?" He wasn't yelling, but hurt was clear in his voice as it was raised slightly.

I stood to my feet and met his eyes. "I could say the same to you."

"Me?" He pointed to himself and looked at me in disbelief. "I just walked in on you laying on a bed next to Calum." Why the fuck should that bother him? I mean... unless maybe Calum is right...?

I clenched my fists at my side. "You walked in here with some other girl! And Calum and I were just talking!" Was he really accusing me of messing around with some guy I just met and who is engaged!?

"That involved laying down on the bed?"

I scoffed while throwing my hands in the air. "You are unbelievable!" I looked down to the passed out brunette again and scoffed at the sleaze before stepping over her and making a line for the door.

Niall grabbed me by the wrist as I passed him and I jerked my arm around, furious. "Fucking let me go!" I felt water starting to build up in my bottom eyelids. I wasn't sure why I was crying.

Fucking hormones.

"No!" I watched Calum quickly stand up from the bed. I was starting to forget he was in there. He didn't say anything and just walked past us and closed the door behind him to give us some privacy. I didn't want privacy with him. I wanted out.