Chapter 30: Bring Your Worst

A.N.

Chapter song: Comfortable Clothes by Joyce Manor

He directed us into a small coffee shop, getting us each a cup of black coffee and two biscuits each. Once he paid for the stuff and handed me my coffee, we sat at a booth near the windows, I insisted on facing the window (in case my staring-at-Draco problem suddenly reared it's hot-as-hell blond head) and he agreed without argument. Once we reached the table, he picked up several packs of sugar and poured it into the coffee, followed by a large amount of vanilla flavoring that was set on the table.

"I'm guessing you have a sweet tooth?" I said with a laugh, coming out as more of a question than a statement.

"You wouldn't believe it until you truly see it." he joked, stirring it with a thin straw in a cup at the table. "So, as for clothes, I've been thinking about what kind of style would look best on you-"

"How long have you been thinking about it?"

His laugh came out a little shaky and he looked away, still stirring his coffee but avoiding my eyes, "Anyhow, mine is usually a very strict semi-casual with a bit of 'greaser' mixed in." Looking me up and down as I sipped my coffee pleasantly he made a face of disgust, "How can you drink it like that? It's so bitter."

"I'm a bitter person," I say offhandedly and he rolls his eyes muttering a sarcastic 'ha ha' before taking a swig of his coffee and setting it back on the table soundlessly.

"I've been thinking you honestly wouldn't pull off semi-casual very well due to the amount of maintenance you have to put in. So we'll get you some straight leg jeans and some new t-shirts."

"I have t-shirts."

"Yeah, God forbid you have a shirt that actually fits you. We're getting some form-fitting ones." he said pointedly, clicking his tongue.

"...We're not going to Hollister are we?" I asked, pausing from taking a drink of my coffee.

"Not unless you want to." he raised his cup, pointing his finger, before finishing the rest of his coffee and taking a bite from his biscuit.

"Not particularly."

"Good, because there isn't one for miles." he grinned, starting on the second biscuit. I chuckle and finish my coffee, eating the biscuits that were bought for me.

"Just so you know," he muttered, wiping his mouth with a napkin, "These places we'll be going in, especially the tailor we'll be seeing, are all used to very wealthy people like myself. You just need to be confident, don't ask about prices, and if you ask for suggestions try to be heard because they are all pretty big snobs." I nodded, dreading meeting them and glad to get this outing over with.

...

We shopped for my new wardrobe for several hours which, admittedly, was not all that bad. Draco's style choices and advice was much better than mine. On the other hand, Draco got a few pairs of nice jeans and shirts, but otherwise focused on helping me. I stopped looking at the checkout totals very early on. I also learned that it is common for the wealthy people in the area to have their things delivered to their houses by the stores' delivery boys. Walking up to the final place to visit, the tailor, he greeted the woman with a smile.

"We'll need about five suits. Three for me and two for my friend, here, but be sure to save the measurements because we may need extras." his tone was very stern and business-like, and she nodded respectfully before pulling a tape measure from her desk. "It'll be fine," he told he in my ear, waiting off to the side while I was measured. One thing to say about this woman, take it as you may, but she was a lot more... thorough than I assumed she would be. Once she took our measurements and snapped pictures of us individually- front, back, and sideways- and made us pay for the suits, she sent us on our way.

"She wasn't that bad," I commented on our way to the bike and he nodded, "Probably because she thought you were my partner."

"Like, associate?"

"No, the other one."

"I don't know what gave her that impression." I scolded myself on the inside, assuming she might've seen me watch him so much when he wasn't paying any attention.

"Probably because I bought both of our suits, not just mine."

I shrugged, it sounded like he knew the reason but it probably isn't important if he doesn't want to tell me. Or, better yet, it's better that I don't know and if that happens to be the case, I'm glad I don't know. Once we put on our helmets and drove back to the manor, it was time for lunch so we sat at the dining room table beside each other once we arrived and ate risotto that Milton prepared while talking about menial things like the weather. Our conversation was surprisingly pleasant, and after we finished, he took me out to a large field in his backyard that was set up with two soccer goals.

I was in shock, "You've got this all to yourself?"

"Yeah, wanna start practice?" he asked, looking back at me.

"Let's go get changed first."

He nodded and we both changed into a tee and shorts, retying our laces on our trainers securely before starting. Standing on an opposite side of the court, we gave each other doting grins before they turned into playful sneers.

"Let's see what you've got, Potter," he grinned, letting go of the soccer ball under his foot and moving to the penalty spot on his side.

"Bring your worst, Malfoy," I challenged, lunging towards him from my side.