Epilogue

A.N.

Chapter song: Arms by Christina Perri

--------------------------

It's been a year since the Yule Ball, all my friends and I along with other houses (Draco, included) got to play in the Tri-Way tournament. We managed to win both male and female tournaments, which was nice. Draco did as he said he would, moving out of his dad's place. His mother is finally in the finalizing stage of the divorce, relocating nearby Hogwarts in an apartment until Draco graduates, she lives there with Dobby who is finally retired.

After taking our time, making more careful decisions, Draco and I have gotten along better than ever. Sitting under the tree by the shore where we first played soccer together, I sit between his legs and he wraps his arms around my shoulders, I feel happy.

Severus and I live together nearby the school and my godfathers in hope of all of us reconnecting. Severus is still wary of the two due to their past but they seem to bond over me. We're planning a vacation as a family when the winter turns to spring. A text from Hermione tells me lunch will be served soon.

I relay the message to Draco, and he nods, "We should get back before someone takes our seats."

I laugh, "No one will take our seats, you've been at our table since 4 months ago they don't plan on kicking you out anytime soon. We share the same friends now, remember?"

He nods, "Yeah. I just feel like an outsider sometimes."

I hold his hand, lacing his fingers between mine, "You stopped being an outsider the moment you apologized to Neville. You didn't have to do that and I know he really appreciates it, even though he gives you a hard time."

He stopped me, holding my hand back, he smiled in a certain way that always says the same thing.

I hug him tightly and he smiles, gripping me just as tight, "We'll talk to each other every day after graduation, right?"

"Multiple times a day," I assure him.

"Just because I got a scholarship into a fancy college doesn't mean I will stop thinking about you," he smiles, rubbing his nose against my neck.

"You'd better not," I warn, smiling.

"I can't, you're the only drug I'll ever need."

"Never thought I'd hear you say that outside of bed," I laugh and he playfully nips my neck.

"Don't tempt me. It's the weekend, I could steal you away and your dad would be forced to see you in a turtleneck all next week." He says gruffly and I let go of him.

"Easy, Dray. You know for a fact it's not your turn."

He pouted, batting his eyelashes, "But I love it when it's my turn."

"Believe me," I whisper, "I'll make it worth your while."

He grinned, "Promise?"

"I swear on the grave of Tolkien."

"Ooh, that's a serious promise you're making, then" he smiled, "Can't wait."

.....

5 years later
--

"Harry," Draco asked, watching his boyfriend shake the snow from his coat. "How was work today?"

"I got called a narc 5 times today, so that was fun." I muttered sarcastically, unwrapping my scarf from around my neck and setting my badge on the nearby table.

"How do they not understand that's a totally different thing?"

"Apparently not," I roll my eyes, flopping down beside him on the couch. "How was class?"

"One kid had the gall to say that marching band wasn't a sport-"

I laugh, "Let me guess-"

"Yes, I spent the entire class period explaining the origin and respectability of marching band and how it is obviously a sport."

"I wish I'd been there," I grin, "this generation knows nothing about music composition, appreciation, or how to play anything beyond a slide whistle."

"You said it, not me." He laughs, then his voice softened. "I also saw Mother today."

"Oh?" I ask.

"Seems that The Death Eaters have finally all been put away for life, no possibility of parole..."

"Your mother was a saint, putting her life on the line to prosecute them." I tell him, yet again because this is the one hump we still try to accept.

"I don't plan on visiting him."

"If you ever want to, I'll gladly go for moral support." I offer and he shakes his head. "He made his choice."

"Oh! Good news!" I exclaim, pulling a velvet box out of my pocket. "Our custom rings finally came in, looks like we can announce the engagement now."

"Finally," he groans, "keeping this from Hermione has been harder than I thought. Even with a baby on the way, she still finds time to be nosy."

"Rude," I laugh. "We could go to the reunion next week, everyone should be there."

"Finally I get to show you off," Draco smiled, sighing.

"You romantic idiot," I laugh, "Your turn to make dinner tonight, your mom and Dobby are coming over tonight and all my dads are coming the 5th."

"Chicken marinara?"

"Sounds like a plan. I'm gonna call Albus, he said he wanted to talk to me about something."

"Be back downstairs before mom and Dobby get here!" He yelled up to me as I ascended the stairs.

I shortened the call when I heard the doorbell, ending the call and running downstairs I was met with Narcy and Dobby, smiling like gossiping old maids.

"Finally got the rings back?" Narcy pointed out, looking at my ring.

"He's cooking so I haven't made him put his on yet."

"May I see?" She asked, I handed her Draco's and her eyes teared up before she squeezed me in a tight hug. "I love you boys. So much."

"Thanks, Momma Narcy," I laugh and she cooes.

"I love that, call me that from now on."

I laugh, "Alright."

When he finished dinner and came to greet us, his apron on and wiping his hands dry on a rag I kissed his cheek before sliding the ring on his finger. Smiling, he whispered the engraving in my ear.

"Mea cor tuum."

Your heart is my home.

The End

-----
A.N.
So, what do you think? :)
Was the ending happy enough for you? Lol