Chapter 5: Late to Class

Chapter Song: The Windmill by Motionless

---------------------------------------------------------------------

~Thursday- Day 3~

Once I get on the field the next day, of course I make a complete ass of myself. Hermione had come to see me but was too embarrassed to watch. I don't blame her a bit.

Afterwards, she laughed awkwardly, "I didn't even know it was possible to fall so many times without anything in your way."

I laugh humorlessly, "Yeah, welcome to my world."

The grey-haired coach with strange colored contacts gave a polite smile, "Maybe you should practice on running more. Your form was great, otherwise."

I nod, taking it as a pity compliment and a group of boys come over. Draco's at the head of the group, oh fuck.

A short, husky boy on his left side laughs at me, spitting a bit on my face, "That was hilarious! You're horrible!"

Inwardly, I said a sarcastic, 'no kidding'.

A taller boy on Draco's left interrupted him, "That was beyond bad, I mean God!-"

Draco cuts him off, emotionless as he watches me, "You need a lot of work, Potter. I could help if you want."

I picked up my bag and Hermione grabbed my hand and I yelled over my shoulder "Piss off, rich boy!" as we walked away.

That night, I roam the halls until I find the astronomy tower, climbing up the stairs. Once I reach the top, I open the door to the flat roof and lay on the cool stone. I stare at the stars, trying to find constellations when I hear thumping music. I sit up and look around, a perfect view of all the dorms. I see a green window with flashing lights on the inside. A party? I focus my eyes in the dark and see the boys of the Snake dorm dancing with girls. I scoff in disgust, just because it's a day off doesn't mean you should party. On school grounds, especially.

I turn on my side and drift to sleep, not even realizing I'm sleeping on the roof of the Astronomy tower instead of the warmth of my own bed. My last coherent thought before falling completely asleep was, "I wonder if Castiel will whine because he's sleeping alone." The full moon hangs high in the sky, lightening my dreams to pleasant memories that are much overdue to happen.

...

~Friday- Day 4~

I wake up the next morning with a start, realizing I'm going to be late to my first day of classes. Rushing down the stairs, wearing a pair of jeans and a black tee shirt. Cursing the postal service for not sending my uniform on time. Running as fast as my feet can carry me (without tripping, that is, which happens anyway), I bump into a boy with fiery red hair.

"Watch it! Ms. Vector will kill me if I'm late again!"

I turn on new kid mode, chasing after him until I'm at his pace, "I'm new- and lost. I have her class so I'll just follow you."

He nods and we're both ten minutes late. Damn. The woman's face is calm but callous, her long brown hair pulled over her right shoulder.

"Mr. Weasley, late again, I see."

I make a quick decision, "I'm sorry, that's my fault. I pestered him into showing me around before school and we lost track of time. We ran all the way here, Professor."

Her eyes settle on me and a small smile turns up the corners of her mouth.

"Oh, Mr. Potter, well thank you for that excuse but it is unnecessary. I know he overslept, per usual."

She turns her eyes on the boy beside me, "Now, Ron, I'll let you off the hook this time but that is your final chance."

He nods stiffly and waves his hand towards me and I follow him down the isle.

Once I realize people are staring, due to the scene I made at the front of the class, I trip over a backpack and face-plant into the tile.

The boy who's backpack I tripped over helps me up, frantic, "I'm so sorry, I left it in your way and-!"

I stop him, saying softly, "It was my fault."

A few people laugh at me, whispering, "Looks like Neville has some competition for the dizziest kid in school."

His shoulders slouch and I smile a bit before sitting by Ron, who's across Neville. I slide into the seat beside Ron, towards the wall and the kid who I guess is Neville smiles.

"I'm Neville Longbottom, that's Ron Weasley."

I smile, "I'm Harry Potter."

Neville's face seems to change, before he tries to smile again, helping me on the math work since Ron's asleep.

What a slacker.

I looked over at Neville since we had finished early.

"Neville?" I ask and he looks over at me warily.

"Yes?" he says in a startled tone.

"You gave me this weird look when you saw me. Why?"

He seems to debate whether or not to tell me and he sighs, "Well-"

The trilling of the bell cuts him off, time for next class.

He stands, "We're in the same dorm so I'll explain another time."

He nods as a goodbye and I put away my things, watching him walk off. Something is strange about how he knows me and I don't think it's for a good reason, either.

I hear a small buzzing in my ears, a sound vaguely blending into a gurgling noise. I feel the hair on my arms rise and the room seems a bit colder.

Maybe he knows something that I don't?

I feel something small working it's way into my thoughts but I squash it quick as I can. I walk faster to catch up with Ron, who bolted as soon as the bell rang. I finally catch up and he smiles only slightly before starting a conversation. He decides to talk about his crush on some popular girl and I pretend to listen at the best of my ability.

He probably didn't notice a thing.