Chapter 17: Hit and Miss

Chapter Song: I'm Sorry, I'm Lost by Epigram

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group was making small talk until Draco walked up.

"Hello, Potter."

He said it venomously, scaring the others off to talk to Blaise who watched us, seemingly amused.

"Malfoy."

He seemed a little startled by my voice.

"Now you know how it feels, Draco. Although the name Potter hurts me much more than yours hurts you." I said angrily.

Must be the dead parents that weigh down the name.

His shoulders slouched and his voice immediately softened, "Harry, why are you hanging around with Blaise?"

"It's none of your business who I hang around with."

"Harry..." his tone was warning.

"Draco."

"He's a well-known playboy, Harry. He picks someone, seduces them, then dumps them... even boys."

"I'm not a child, I know who I can and cannot fuck, okay?"

His cheeks turned red, with both embarrassment at my bluntness and anger, I'd wager.

"You're..."

"No, Draco, I am not 'a queer'."

"I wasn't gonna say-"

"Yeah, you were, and even though I'm not gay, that term is extremely offensive to me."

His brows furrowed in anger and he grabbed the place between my neck and shoulder.

"We need to talk. Now."

I pushed him away, "Shove off, Malfoy."

"Harry, don't."

"I'm not interested in him or what you have to say." I clenched my teeth, my throat suddenly dry.

I pushed past him and walked through the courtyard, towards my dorm.

...

I knew I was being irrational, I was positive of it, but I needed space. It wasn't like he was going to come racing after me. He's probably convinced I'm gay, and that disgusts him. I adjust the tie around my neck, suddenly feeling as if it was a noose.

Dumb school uniform.

I think it's nice, it really brings out your girlish figure.

I have no curves.

A lot of girls don't have curves, almost all look better without them.

Yeah, okay, Tom.

First name basis? Is it my birthday?

Don't you even-

Suddenly, I felt as if I was falling backwards (I guess I'd tripped) when a hand grabbed each of my wrists.

"Dude-"

"-are you alright?"

Once I regain my balance, I notice the identical haircuts, the freckles, red hair, and matching grins.

"Oh, Harry Potter-!"

"-we've heard so much about you-!"

"-from our brother-"

"-yeah, his name is Ron-"

-"do you know him?" They manage to say at the same time.

I was so confused; I heard twins finish each others' sentences but this is ridiculous.