Chapter 20: A Generous Invitation

Chapter Song: Alone by Suicidal Tendencies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Tuesday- Day 8~

I woke up to the sound of a phone alarm going off. It sounded like an airhorn, so I reached across whatever was beside me and unlocked the phone, turning off the alarm reading "GO TO BREAKFAST! THEY JUST MADE FRESH PANCAKES!" Once I rubbed my eyes, put on my glasses, and yawned I remembered where I was. Looking beside me, Draco was slowly waking up, yawning.

"Hey, Harry... why are you holding my phone?"

"Alarm went off. How early is it?"

"6 am. Sun isn't even out yet." Draco said, combing his hair with his fingers, stuck up in awkward places because of the gel he uses to slick his hair back.

I laugh at him, taking a picture of his hair with his camera phone, "I never noticed it before but you and Sonic must be related!"

He looked disgruntled, taking the phone and sighing deeply, "Oh, shit, my hair."

"Come on, we'll just wash it out."

"I can't go to class like this!"

"Believe me, it'll be an improvement." I choked between laughs.

"Don't be an asshole." Draco turned to face me, our faces inches apart.

"Honesty is the best policy."

"What happened to say something nice or nothing at all?" Draco mock-frowned.

"Never learned that one."

"Clearly."

"Come on, morning breath." I smiled, standing up and tugging his wrist.

"I could easily pull that kettle joke."

"My joke."

"Free country."

"Now that's a joke."

Draco laughed, pulling himself up and sitting by the tide.

"Get in the water so I can get it out. You brought your soccer clothes and bike, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Well I have an extra uniform so let's go in."

"Alright."

We waded in and I managed to convince him to float on his back while I got the gel out. Luckily it was great quality, not too surprising, so it came out extremely easily with the waves being so low. Once we finished, we got back on the beach and changed, him by the tree, and me by the cliff. Honestly, it was an unspoken thing to not change in front of each other but it made me wonder. Did he ever consider sneaking a peak? Or would he not even consider the idea? After changing completely, I put on my socks and shoes, grabbing my stuff, and walking up towards his bike.

He just barely slides on his shirt before I get there, and I notice the small dimples in his lower back and I almost swoon. His skin is so smooth and white, like porcelain. He doesn't notice me staring.

I pack away everything before we get on the bike and head back to school. Luckily, the engine noise was extremely quiet due to modifications made on the bike for 'situations like this', he explained. Meaning he does this running off thing pretty often. We pull up to the school, and after a quick goodbye, we go our separate ways. Him, to the mess hall, and I to my common room. Hopefully, to make amends with Neville.