Chapter 6: Sold My Soul

Chapter Song: Radiolaria by Release the Long Ships (Formerly known as: Rain Catalogue)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I'm on my way to my Greek class with Ron, I realize I hadn't seen Draco. He said we had that class together, and yet, I didn't see him. I look over at Ron, about to ask why.

"Did you even hear a word I said, mate?" he asks and I realized I spaced out.

"Sorry, what, Ron?" I responded, and he sighed.

"I said, I heard rumors that you are Malfoy's new target." he says pointedly.

"I dunno, I mean he hasn't thrown me down a flight of stairs yet." I say half-jokingly but he shakes his head.

"He's not the type. He's more likely to send you on a first-class trip to Social Siberia just by word of mouth."

Neville is far ahead of us and turns a corner, once he does, Ron whispers in my ear "Just like he did to Neville." before walking off.

I get a sour taste in my mouth, Draco may be a rich kid but I doubt he would do something like that. Then, a voice in the back of my head scratches in my ears.

How do you know? You don't even know him.

I wish I could give him the benefit of the doubt but he gives me no reason to trust him.

You don't have a reason to hate him either.

I sigh inwardly, this is getting ridiculous.

No, what is ridiculous is the fact that you wouldn't know good advice if it hit you with a Louisville Slugger right in the noggin.

I sigh, thinking to myself, what is a Louisville Slugger anyway?

It's a wooden baseball bat, stupid.

Why am I talking to myself, again?

I rush up behind Ron and take my seat next to him, "Harry!"

Hermione smiles, hugging me across her desk.

I laugh, "I'm guessing you sit behind me 'mione."

Ron pouts slightly, "I didn't know you liked to hang out with smartasses, Harry."

Hermione frowns from behind me, letting go of me as she sits back defensively.

"Actually, I'm just smart, you're the one who's an ass, Ronald."

I stand up and sit by Hermione, completely leaving Ron.

"What the hell, mate? You're abandoning me for her?"

I roll my eyes, "You won't be missed."

I hear walking beside me and a small "bravo" whispered in my ear. I look up and Draco is sitting down at the table to the right of me when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

A girl smiles a bit nervously, "Uhm, you're sitting in my seat."

I'm about to stand when 'mione stage whispers, "But now Ron has to sit alone, go on, take the chance."

She flushes a bit and nods, smiling as she sits beside him. He seems to cool down a bit and introduces himself.

I lean over to Hermione, "Crush?"

She giggles in my ear, "More like an obsession."

I feel a glare in my direction from my right and if I didn't know any better, I could swear I heard Draco huff in anger before he put his head down.