57

Fifty Seven

END OF MAY

Gina's POV

We all arrived in New York to surprise Cam for her graduation, she knew I was coming but she doesn't know that Beau, Luke, Jai, James, Daniel, Ronnie and Mariam are too. We got to her and Lincoln's house and it was huge. I quickly rang the doorbell as we waited. The door opened revealing an older man dressed in a suit.

"Afternoon Mam, may I help?" the man asked me as I turned and looked at the boys confused.

"Umm... is Cam here?" I asked.

"You mean Miss Brooks?" he replied.

"Yes." I replied.

"Please come in, she is expecting you." He replied opening the door wider for us to walk in. We all walked in.

"If you'd follow me." He told us as he began walking, we followed behind him and walking into a very large lounge.

"What the hell is going on?" Beau whisper-shouted.

Suddenly we heard footsteps, in what sounded like heels.

"Miss Brooks, your guests are here." The man informed her from outside the door.

"Alfred, please call me Cam, but thank you. Could you tell Lincoln and then get the spare rooms ready?" I heard Cam say.

"Of course Cam." I heard him reply.

Cam's POV

I walked into the sitting room, and was surprised by everyone being here.

"Hi." I said to everybody and then gave them all a hug.

"Can I ask who that was?" Mum said.

"That's Alfred." I replied casually.

"Anyway how was your flight?" I asked just as Lincoln walked in and greeted everyone.

***

THE NEXT DAY – GRADUATION

Cam's POV

This morning had been hectic between getting ready and having photos and everything else that happens on Graduation day, we'd hardly had time to take a break.

We were almost at the end of the ceremony and the names were being called to go up and collect our degrees.

"Lincoln Anderson. Business and Civil Engineering."

I watched as he walked up on stage, collecting his degrees and shaking hands...

"Camden Brooks. Architecture and Interior Design."

My name was called and I walked up on stage, hearing Mum, Mariam and the boys all clapping and cheering as the camera flashes went off, collecting my degree and shaking hands...

We had almost finished the ceremony and Lincoln had managed to switch seats so he was right beside me, holding my hand.

"I'd like our Dean of Architecture to introduce our Valediction."

"It gives me great pleasure to introduce this years Valedictorian. This young woman has shown great promise, is highly skilled and intelligent, and it has been a great honour to teach her. She is one of our scholarships students and has proved herself in every way and given back through a number of different avenues. Please welcome Miss Camden Brooks."