Nine

Nine

A few days later

Cam's POV

I walked into Third Eye tattoo, I'd been in here before and now I was ready to add another to my collection.

"Hi Cam." I was greeted by the tattooists as I walked in, I admit I'm a repeat customer even though I'm only 17 but a fake i.d. works a treat the first time.

"Hi" I replied

"In for another one then?" Marshall asked me.

"You know it." I replied.

"So what are you thinking today?" Marshall asked.

"I want a small set of wings with 4 sets of initials in the middle with a quote underneath." I told Marshall.

"And where are you putting it?" Marshall asked

"I want to have it on my left side where my bra strap sits, so my ribs." I replied.

"Alright, let me get a piece of paper and knowing you, you have a design in mind so I'll do a rough sketch while you tell me the initials and quote you want and then I'll get it drawn up properly and we can start." Marshall replied knowing me.

"Awesome." I replied as he grabbed some paper.

"Right let's start with the initials you want." Marshall said.

"I want the top line to have M.J. and then the bottom line to have the initials B.B., L.B, and J.B." I replied as Marshall wrote them down.

"Ok, and they are going to be in the middle of the wings and the wings in case them." Marshall stated as he roughly sketched.

"Yip." I replied popping the 'p'.

"And the quote is going where?" He asked

"Under the wings." I replied.

"Ok, what quote are you going with?" he asked in reply.

"Sometimes, we need to hurt in order to grow. We must lose in order to gain. Sometimes, some lessons are learned best through pain." I told Marshall.

"Alright, give me 20 minutes and I'll have a few options drawn up." Marshall told me.

"Thanks." I replied before I took a seat.

"Hi babe" I said as I walked into Mas' house, "Hi babe, you're happy." Mason stated, "that would be because I am." I replied. "So what has got my girl so happy?" Mason asked, "I got tattooed today." I replied smiling. "Really? I want to see." Mason asked shocked. "Of course." I said as I took off my cardigan to show Mason my new tattoos. "Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be." Mason read out-loud the tattoo on my collarbone. "And I got one more." I told Mason as I showed him my right wrist. "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything." Mason read it out-loud again. "So what do you think?" I asked. "I think they are perfect for you." Mason replied before he kissed me.

"Cam" Marshall said, I stood up and walked over to where Marshall was.

"So I have a few designs, if you don't like it, we can change anything." Marshall stated before he showed me the designs. I looked over the designs and fell in love with the last one I looked at.

"That's the one." I told Marshall pointing to the last design.

"Alright, I'll get a transfer ready and then we can start; but first I need to show me where exactly you want it." Marshall replied.

I quickly took off my hoodie, and showed him exactly where I wanted it, he went and made a transfer and then set up.

"Cam, I'm ready. If you want to take your bra off, you can leave the top on and I'll take it so it doesn't move once we start." Marshall said.

"Alright, how do you want me?" I asked as I put my bag down along with my hoodie and bra before walking over to the table.

"I'll put the transfer on first and you can look in the mirror and you know the drill." Marshall replied.

"Cool." I replied as Marshall positioned the stencil on me.

"Right, have a look," Marshall said. I got up and walked over to the mirror and taking a look at the stencil on my body.

"I love it." I replied as I walked back over to the table.

"It's not even tattooed yet and you already love it. I'm glad." Marshall replied making me smile.

"Right let's start. Just lay on your side and arm up." Marshall said as I positioned myself on the table. Marshall started the process of tattooing my ribs.

"This is a bit different from your last tattoos Cam." Marshall stated.

"Yeah, this one has a lot more meaning to me." I replied.

"So can I ask what is with this one?" Marshall asked as he worked on the outline.

"This one is about those close to my heart and the initials are of people. M.J. is for someone who died and the other three sets are my brothers initials." I replied

"And the quote?" Marshall asked

"It's about getting through the bad times." I replied.

"How's that boy of yours anyway?" Bugsy asked as he'd just finished tattooing another client.

"He died in a car accident." I replied

"I'm sorry." Bugsy asked

"Thanks." I replied.

"This bit of the outline is properly going to hurt the worst as it's right on the rib, just to warn you." Marshall stated which got me thinking...

"Does it hurt babe?" Mason asked as he held my hand as Marshall tattooed a treble clef behind my right ear. "No its fine." I replied gently squeezing his hand, "And anyway I'm still got the anchor on my foot to go for this session." I finished.

"So how are those brothers of yours anyway?" Marshall asked.

"Busy but good. I'm actually heading over to LA to see them in a couple of weeks." I replied.

"Right the outline is done along with the quote, now on to the shading. Do you want to take a break?" Marshall asked.

"Nah, I'm good." I replied.

"So how long will you be over in LA?" Bugsy asked as Marshall started the shading.

"I don't really know at the moment, I'm just going to see how it goes and then decide." I replied.

"I love LA." Bugsy replied.

"Any suggestions while I'm over there then." I asked.

"Defiantly the beaches and Six Flags." Bugsy replied.

"Six Flags not so much but I'll defiantly consider the beach." I replied.

"Why not Six Flags?" Marshall asked.

"I hate roller-coasters." I replied.

"I hate them too." Marshall admitted.

"I have to set up for my next tattoo." Bugsy said before he walked off.

"And we're done, I'll just clean this up and then you can get re-dressed." Marshall said.

Marshall cleaned me up and then I got redressed. I paid and left the shop, pleased with my new ink.