Nineteen

Nineteen

Beau's POV

I laid on the beach watching as Cam stood in the waves having a water fight with Jai, they were both laughing and happy. I looked over to Luke who was snapping photos of them, trying not to be obvious. James and Daniel were kicking a ball around with Jacob.

It's the first time since Cam has been here with us, that she's truly been happy, her laugh has been genuine, and its nice to see and hear.

I watched as Daniel kicked the ball to James before taking off down towards the water; he ran into the water, grabbing Cam by her waist, lifting her up and throwing her further into the water.

"Its nice to see all her worries washed away even if it only is for a minute." Luke said as he sat next to me, looking out to the water.

"It defiantly is. You know as much as she's hurting right now, she'll be ok, she's strong; and we're always going to be here for her." I told Luke just as Cam pushed Daniel into the water.

"Do you think she will be though?" Luke asked.

"I mean she's barely said anything about New York and she refuses to talk about Mason and the crash. Is she even going to New York?" Luke explained.

"I don't know whether she's going to New York but I know she'll be ok. She is a Brooks after all." I replied, not knowing what else to say; truth is I don't know if Cam will ever be ok but I can only hope.

"I can't believe she's going to be eighteen in a few days; I mean it only seems like yesterday when we were little and we'd all be cuddled up together watching movies in the lounge." I said thinking outloud.

"We still do that but I know what you mean. What are we going to do for her birthday anyway?" Luke asked as James and Jacob joined us, as Daniel, Jai and Cam still played in the water.

"Guessing you're talking about Cam's birthday?" James asked.

"Yeah. And to answer that I don't know but I think we need to make the day special. It's nice to see her happy." I replied.

"What about a party?" Jacob suggested.

"Cam's not the party type and I don't think she'll be up for it considering she only knows like ten people here." Luke replied.

"Well why don't we make sure we're up before her and make her a nice breakfast, have a nice dinner then surprise her with her favourite cake and we'll figure out the day as we go." James suggested.

"That could work." I said thinking of ideas.

"Here she comes." Luke said as Cam, Jai and Daniel all came out of the water.

Cam's POV

"I'm getting out, I'm cold." I told Daniel and Jai.

"Yeah I am too." Jai said as I started to walk out of the water.

"Hey, wait up." Daniel yelled as got to the waters edge.

Jai and I stopped and looked at Daniel as he ran up to us, before we continued to walk towards the boys who were sitting on the sand and it looked like they were having a deep conversation.

"Something looks serious." Jai stated.

"I was just thinking the same t-thing." I replied as my teeth started to chatter as the cold wind wrapped round my body making goose-bumps rise on my skin.

"Lets get you warmed up." Jai said just as we reached the boys.

"Here." Beau said as he handed us each a towel.

"Thanks." Daniel, Jai and I all said in unison, as we dried ourselves off.

I quickly dried off, tied my hair up in a messy bun, and put one of the boys dirty pig hoodies on along with my denim shorts, instantly warming up.

"Good swim?" Luke asked as I sat down next to him.

"Yeah until it got cold." I replied as Luke wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in closer.

"Are we ready to get out of here?" Jacob asked, earning nods from everyone. We stood up, grabbing our stuff and made our way towards the car.