Twenty

Twenty

Cam's POV

"This place is beautiful." I said to Mariam as we walked back down the Runyon Canyon track.

"It is amazing; I could see myself living here." Mariam replied.

"I could too." I replied thoughtlessly.

"What about New York though?" Mariam asked gaining my full attention, knowing that I would have to talk about it sometime seeing as I have to leave in a few days.

"I just don't know." I replied

"About New York or about going to NYU?" Mariam inquired.

"Both, its just scary. I mean NYU was...is my dream school but I just didn't envision that it would turn out like this." I replied truthfully.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean I didn't think I'd be alone. I guess I thought..." I paused taking a deep breathe "I thought that it would be Mason and I together taking on a new country but it isn't anymore, its just me." I finished.

"Is that the only thing that's stopping you?" Mariam asked.

"I don't know. I feel like there's so many things going on in my head and I just haven't had time to sort through them all." I told her as we neared the bottom.

"Well why don't we do a post-it-note pros and cons list. We can pick up some post-its on our way home, along with a star-bucks drink seeing." Mariam suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea especially the drink." I replied as we reached the bottom of the track.

***

"Right, are you ready to do this?" Mariam asked we sat on the floor, facing the blank wall surrounded by post-it-notes and sharpie markers.

"Yip." I replied.

"Ok, first one?" Mariam asked as she was writing.

"New York - both a pro and a con." I replied as Mariam wrote it down and then I stuck it in the middle of the wall.

"Starting over, beginning again." I stated putting it in the in-between line.

"Pro- Dream school and amazing program." I said.

"Defiantly an amazing school." Mariam replied as she handed me the post-it.

"Con- I don't know anyone. Pro- It's a short flight to LA." I told Mariam.

"It defiantly is and I'm sure the boys won't mind you visiting whenever." Mariam replied.

"Con - it's a long flight to Australia and the time difference meaning the Christmas holidays are incredibly short." I stated as I stuck more notes up.

***

"I think we're done. Well I can't think of anymore." I said to Mariam as I stuck up the last of the post-its.

"It's pretty even although I think the in-betweens lean more to the positive side." Mariam said as we looked over the lists.

"It's crazy and scary but I think I'll regret it if I don't. I mean I think I should at least give it a year and if it's not me then I can transfer. And the boys are just a five hour flight away or Mum's a Skype call away." I reasoned.

"So..." Mariam trailed off.

"So I think I have to do this for myself. I'm going to go and give New York a try." I said smiling, feeling a relief wash over me as I finally decided.

"Yay. I think we should leave this up though in case you have any doubts." Mariam replied

"I agree, right now I need a shower. What time are the boys meant to be home?" I asked Mariam.

"In 30 minutes or so. I'm going to grab a shower too." Mariam replied as we went to walk out.

"Hey Cam..." Mariam said, stopping me in my tracks.

"Yeah." I replied turning to face her.

"Congratulations on NYU." She said making me smile.

"Thanks." I replied before heading up stairs to take a shower.

Jai's POV

It had been a long day of meetings for everything that we had coming up, and I was glad to get home and chill out. I knew that Mariam and Cam had decided to get a work out in and walk one of the tracks through Runyon Canyon today.

"Woah, what's this?" Daniel said as he walked to the wall in the lounge that was covered in post-it notes.

"Just a five hour flight to LA." James read out loud.

"It's a pro and con list for me. Mariam and I worked on it." Cam told us, appearing out of nowhere.

"There's a lot of pros and cons then." Jacob said.

"There is but its helped me to decide what I'm going to do." Cam told us.

"And that is..." Beau asked.

"I'm going to go to New York and I'm going to give NYU a go. If I don't I'll regret it but if I do then I'll know that whatever the outcome I gave it a shot." Cam told us.