Six

Six

A few days later

Gina's POV

"Hi Mum" Beau, Luke and Jai all said as we began a facetime call.

"Hi boys, how are you all?" I replied

"We're good. How's Cam doing?" Jai asked

"Physically she's doing better but she's not really coping with losing Mason honestly." I replied

"Is she being her usual self, I mean when things get difficult she disappears for a while or..." Luke trailed off.

"A bit of everything honestly. I just don't know any more to be honest. The sentencing hearing is tomorrow and I really don't know if Cam should be there." I explained.

Cam's POV

I walked down the hall, well tiptoed, holding my shoes in my hand with my bag over my shoulder. I knew Mum was talking with the boys and I really didn't want to talk to them right now, I just don't know what to say and I don't need another person telling me their sorry for my loss.

As I got to the door, I overheard Mum's conversation with the boys.

"We were thinking that maybe it would do Cam some good to have a change of scenery and to visit her favourite brothers." Beau told Mum. I froze where I was and continued to listen.

"I think it would do her good to get out of Melbourne for a while and away from everything that reminds her of Mason." Mum replied, shocking me.

I'd heard enough and continued outside, as soon as I got outside, I turned my phone off wanting to be left alone and walked to the train station, getting on the first train that arrived which was going into town.

I got off the train and ended up walking to the site of the accident, I don't know why but it was the direction my head took me. I stood on the corner watching the traffic go by as if nothing had happened, as if there had never been a death here although the marks on the road still told the story of the crash. I don't know how long I'd been standing there but I knew it had been a while; I started walking again.

I walked for a while taking in everything as I walked, people walked past all in a rush, not taking time to enjoy life, it seemed as if nothing had changed but for me, everything has changed and it will never be the same.

I ended up arriving at Williamstown beach, Mason and I use to come here all the time, it didn't matter what the weather was doing, we just did. I looked along the beach and it was pretty empty aside from the odd surfer. I walked down onto the sand and sat down, watching as the waves rolled in, as the cold wind brushed against my covered skin thinking about Mason...

"Are you warm enough babe?" Mason asked me as we sat on the sand watching the fierce waves crash over each other in the middle of winter as the sun was almost set, both with a coffee in our hands and a blanket over us as I sat in between Mason's legs with his head resting on my shoulder and an arm around my waist. "Yeah babe, are you?" I replied kissing his cheek. "I'm good, as long as I have you in my arms." Mason replied making me smile. "Me too. How's your hand feeling?" I replied, knowing that it would be sore considering he had to have stitches it in, "It's alright but it will be better when its healed." Mason replied as he kissed my neck.

***

The sun started going down, and I knew it was time to go home, I needed to try and get some sleep as tomorrow morning the driver that killed Mason will be sentenced due to his early guilty plea. I want to be at the court early. I got up and walked to the train station, just as I arrived, the train I needed to get on was just arriving, I quickly got on and took a seat, watching the world go by, the city lit up by lights. This was home but maybe it wasn't home any more, maybe this was just a city now...

***

I walked from the train station to my house, I quietly walked in taking my shoes off, and found Mum asleep on the couch with the television on. I quietly turned off the tele and grabbing the blanket that was over the back of the couch, gently laying it over Mum. I quickly turned the light off and made my way down the hall to my room, just wanting to go to bed.

Comment and vote... the boys will be in this story soon. i promise :)