28

Twenty Eight

Gina's POV

I'm so excited to see Camden, it's going to be so good to have her home even though its only for a short time. I got to the airport waiting for her to come through the arrivals gate, then I could take her home to get sorted before we have a family lunch.

Cam's POV

As soon as I got off the plane, I could feel the warmth, grateful that I changed before I got on the plane in LA. I made my way through the airports, collecting my bags, and making my way out to where Mum would be waiting for me. I was looking forward to seeing her and then getting home to have a shower.

I walked out into a sea of people, Mum was standing right by where we were coming out, she saw me and immediately hugged me as I reached her.

"Hi baby." Mum said hugging and kissing my check.

"Hi Mum." I replied as she finally let me go.

"How was the flight?" She asked.

"I slept most of the way, so good." I replied as we began walking over to where I could exchange my cash.

"That's good baby, I thought we could go home, so you can get freshened up and then we're meeting the boys at Nonna and Nonno's for lunch." Mum told me as I exchanged my cash.

"Sounds good. I could really use a shower." I replied as we made our way out of the airport, towards the car.

***

I got ready, getting dressed in some denim shorts and an oversized singlet top then Mum and I headed to Nonna and Nonno's to see them and the boys who were meeting us there.

"You right babe?" Mum asked as we pulled into the drive.

"Yeah. It's good to be home." I replied before taking my seatbelt off and grabbing my bag.

Mum and I got out of the car and walked straight into the house, not bothering to knock.

"Mum, Dad we're back." Mum said as we walked in.

"Camden." Nonno said as I walked over to him, hugging him.

"Hi Nonno." I said.

"Camden Brooks, look how skinny you are." Nonna said as she appeared from the kitchen, walking over to hug me.

"Hello Nonna." I replied hugging her as I did.

"Hi brothers." I said to Beau, Luke and Jai.

"Hi Cam." They replied.

"How was the flight?" Nonna asked.

"Good, I slept most of the flight from LA to here." I replied as I brushed a lose piece of hair behind my ear.

"Have you got more tattoos Cam?" Nonna asked.

"Only a few." I replied cheekily.

"No more Cam. I've already told Beau, Luke and Jai that too. No more tattoos for any of you." Nonna lectured making me smile.

"And don't you think this is funny." Nonna told me as she saw my smile.

"Its good to be home." I replied truly meaning it.

Gina's POV

We sat down to lunch and Cam was trying to stop Mum putting more food on her plate.

"Nonna, I have enough, thank you." Cam told her as she laughed.

"Alright but you need to put on a bit of weight." Mum replied finally relenting.

"How's school Cam?" Mum asked her.

"Its really good." Cam replied twirling her spaghetti around her fork, genuinely smiling.

I watched Cam laugh and smile; she was a lot happier now. I don't know whether it was just for being at home or that she had found some sort of peace but either way it was nice to have the old but new Cam back.