Fourteen

Fourteen

Cam's POV

I've literally just landed in New York, its just after 5pm. I got out into the warm weather and got a taxi to my hotel, the Historic District Dinosaurhaus Apartments.

"Hi, I'd like to check in, the booking is under Brooks, Camden Brooks." I said to the receptionist as I stood at the desk.

"Sure, Elton will show you to your room and take your bags." The receptionist answered as Elton grabbed the key and one of my suitcases.

We walked to the lift and got in.

"You are on the 4th floor, every room has complementary wi-fi just to let you know." Elton told me before the elevator stopped and we got out. He showed me to my apartment and left me to it.

I quickly pulled out my phone and turned it on as I remembered to tell everyone I had landed and was safe.

To: Mum, Tash, Ty, Kirsten, Beau, Luke, Jai

'Just though I'd let you know that I have landed and I'm all checked in. xx'

I decided I needed to have a shower and some food. I got showered and dressed, deciding on simple black dress and heels and a blue leather- look jacket with simple accessories.

After I finished getting ready, I left the hotel in search of a place to eat and just to do some exploring and stretch my legs considering I'd been sitting for a while; and honestly even though I didn't get any sleep on the plane I'm still not really that tired.

I walked a few blocks and found a little place called Atlas Café and Bakery that was open; I walked in and looked at the menu which was expansive.

"Hi what can I get you?" the woman asked.

"Hi, I'll have a salad bar salad please with romain, carrot, strawberries, avocado and sprouts and can I add the chicken please; and I'll have a medium lemonade thanks." I finished my order.

"Sure, is that all today?" she asked

"Yes thanks." I said as I handed over the money.

"Take a seat and I'll bring that over to you." She replied.

I walked outside and took a seat as people walked by. Before long my salad and drink arrived, I sat and ate it slowly taking in the city. I finished my meal before I started walking, following directions from my phone, and made my way to the East River near the Brooklyn Bridge; it was amazing to see. I continued walking until it was just after 9pm and started making my way back to the hotel.

I got back to the hotel and decided to get a work out in before trying to sleep; I hit the gym and ran on the treadmill for forty minutes before heading back to my apartment; I grabbed a quick shower before getting into bed and trying to fall asleep.

***

Next Day

I woke up feeling slightly tired, I guess the jetlag is kicking in, I grabbed my phone, looking at the time - 10:11am. I quickly got up, showered and decided on an outfit - skinny jeans, a grey bandeau, grey racer-back singlet top, grey vans, and my grey handbag.

I left the hotel and went walking, trying to figure out if New York could work for me. I walked past NYU, completely amazed at the University before continuing on to shop.