Thirteen

Thirteen

Cam's POV

Today's the day I have to get on the plane to New York, I'm already all checked in at the airport and now I'm just waiting to board my plane with Mum, Nonna and Nonno all beside me.

"Cam." Tash yelled as she walked in with Ty, Sam and Kirsten, causing me to stand up.

"Hi." I said as Tash just about knocked me over as she tried to hug me.

"Tash let go of Cam." Ty said making us all laugh.

"Flight QF747 Melbourne to New York via Sydney has begun boarding." The intercom said.

"That's my flight." I said starting to feel sad as I picked up my carry on and my ticket along with my passport.

"You have a safe flight and make sure you let us know when you land. I'm trying not to cry here Cam." Tash told me before she and Ty hugged me.

"I will. I love you both." I said as I started to tear up.

"Don't you dare cry." Tash told me as her and Ty let me go.

"I want you to have this." Kirsten said as she handed me a large thick envelope.

"What is it?" I asked.

"There's a letter from me inside along with a few small things that I found in Mason's room that I thought you'd like but I want you to open it when you're ready, not now." Kirsten told me.

"Have a wonderful time and stay safe." Sam finished.

"Thank you both so much." I said putting the envelope in my bag before wiping my face as tears started to fall.

"Camden, look after yourself and your brothers." Nonna said hugging me before walking over to Tash, Ty, Sam and Kirsten.

"Don't worry about her, she's just said you're leaving Camden. We love you." Nonno said quickly hugging me.

"I love you both too." I replied before Nonno went to join Nonna.

"I want to know as soon as you land baby. I'm going to miss you. I love you Cam." Mum said beginning to tear up which only made me cry more.

"I love you too Mum. I have to go." I replied quickly hugging her before letting go and heading to the line.

I made it to the line, turned around and looked at everyone quickly before turning back around and boarding my plane, tears still rolling down my face. I made it onto the plane and took my seat by the window, looking at the window waiting to take off.

The safety instructions were read aloud and before I knew it we were taking off, bound for Sydney before getting to New York.

"Are you alright dear?" I heard a voice ask. I turned away from the window, wiping under my eyes and facing the elderly women.

"I will be." I replied.

"I know it can be hard to leave people behind." She told me.

"Yeah it is. I'm Cam by the way." I replied

"Hi Cam, I'm Mary." Mary introduced herself.

"So why are you going to New York then?" She asked

"I got accepted into NYU and according to everyone I need a fresh start but I'm only spending a few days in New York before going to Los Angeles. What about you?" I replied.

"Wow, congratulations. NYU is an amazing school. I'm visiting my son and his wife." Mary told me.

"Thank you." I replied.

"I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem that excited." Mary enquired.

"I am but I'm leaving behind Melbourne. I mean the guy I love died in a car accident recently and I know that he would want me to do this but..." I replied

"But you scared because things are changing and you feel like its wrong to leave." Mary finished.

"Yeah, how'd you guess?" I replied.

"Because I know what you are going through. I was young and in love, I was nineteen when the guy I wanted to marry suddenly died. It feels like the whole world comes crashing down but I can assure you it does get better. Just remember not to close your heart off because you will find someone one day and you will fall in love again." Mary told me.

"Did you? I mean did you fall in love again?" I asked Mary

"Yes I did and I had 40 wonderful years with him and a beautiful son." Mary replied.