Fifteen

Fifteen

Cam's POV

"Hi, my name is Camden Brooks and I have a meeting with the Dean of Arts at 12." I told the receptionist at the office.

"Ok Camden, take a seat and she will be with you shortly." The receptionist told me.

"Thank you." I replied before walking over and taking a seat.

"Camden Brooks, the Dean will see you now." The receptionist came over and told me; I stood up and followed her to the Dean's office.

"Camden Brooks is to see you Ma'am." The receptionist told the Dean.

"Hi Camden, come in and take a seat." The Dean said.

"Thank you, it's lovely to meet you." I replied as I sat down.

"First of all it's lovely to meet you too and may I be the first to welcome you to NYU and congratulate you on your scholarship." The Dean said told me.

"Well thank you. I'm so grateful for the opportunity." I replied.

"Your school records are outstanding. Is this your first time in New York?" she asked.

"Yes Ma'am." I replied

"Well I won't keep you much longer. Here is an information packet personalised for you, it has all of the information you will need including your apartment address and key, your timetable and textbook lists and a whole lot of other things that you will need to know." She explained as she handed me a very large, heavy envelope.

"Thank you." I replied just as there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." the Dean said rather loudly.

"You wanted to see me, Ma'am." a boy said

"Yes, Anton I did. I want you to meet Camden, she's starting here in the fall and I wanted you to show her around the campus and if you have time the apartments as you two will be in the same building." The Dean explained.

"Sure. Hi Camden." Anton replied

"Hi." I replied

"Do you want me to wait outside or are you finished Ma'am?" Anton asked the Dean.

"We're finished. Camden, my door is always open if you need anything." The Dean replied.

"Thank you very much." I replied before I stood up.

"Right, lets start this tour." Anton said as we walked out of the room together.

"So that is defiantly not an American accent, where are you from?" Anton asked me.

"Melbourne, Australia. And you don't have a New York accent, so where are you from?" I replied.

"I'm from Michigan. Australia's a long way from here, do you mind if I ask why you chose to come to New York?" Anton asked in reply.

"I - I need a fresh start and I've always wanted to study here." I replied.

"I can understand that; I was very much like that last year before I started here." He replied.

"Let's grab a takeaway coffee before we get started." Anton said.

"That would be great." I replied as we got to the coffee cart.

"A flat white and a..." Anton trailed off.

"A Americano please." I finished

***

"Right, which apartment number is yours?" Anton asked as we were nearing the end of the tour and we got to the apartment building I was allocated too.