24

Twenty Four

*OCTOBER*

Cam's POV

Today would have marked Mason and I's third anniversary but instead I'm all alone now, its almost been six months since he died. It's starting to get really cold in New York, the weather somewhat reflected my mood, the sky dark and the rain falling on and off much like my tears. I wrapped up warm as I made my way out of my apartment and down the street to the florist, needing to get flowers to lay somewhere, although I handed figured where exactly, most likely a park or maybe the Hudson River.

I walked into the florist and looked around at all the different flowers, not sure what I wanted to get or even why I was really buying flowers. Maybe I shouldn't put them anywhere, maybe I should just buy them and go back home.

"Hi, can I help?" the lady asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um...Do you have any white roses?" I asked as that is what Mason would always buy for me on our anniversary and being the first thing that came to mind.

"Sure, our roses are just over here." She said leading me towards the roses.

I looked over at all the different coloured roses.

"Can I get a dozen roses, eleven white and one red please?" I asked.

"Sure, how do you want them wrapped?" She asked as she picked the long stemmed roses before walking over to the counter and showing me all the different wraps.

"Just in the brown paper with the white string please." I replied watched as she sorted everything out for me.

"These must be for something special." She remarked as she wrapped them.

"Yeah, an anniversary." I replied simply as I handed over the cash.

I left the florist, deciding to go home and watch the two films Mason and I always ended up watching on our anniversary which was 'A Walk to Remember' and '50 First Dates'. It became a tradition after Mason broke his leg during a soccer game on our first anniversary; our anniversaries were always low key but that was us and it was perfect.

I walked into my apartment, putting the flowers in a vase before pulling out some ice cream and a blanket along with the dvd for 'A Walk to Remember', putting it on and getting comfortable...as I watched the film I thought about our anniversary last year...

"Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it." Landon said before the credits rolled.

"Babe, are you crying?" I asked Mason whose eyes were red and puffy. "No, but that's a sad ending." Mason replied pulling me closer to him. "Let's watch 50 First Dates then." I stated pulling away from him, getting up and crawling to the end of the bed, changing the dvds over before crawling back to Mason and getting under the covers with him. "We should have intermission." Mason stated winking as he rolled over so he was hovering above me before kissing me passionately as our tongues fought for control.