Four

Four

Cam's POV

"Lets get you home baby so you can have a proper shower and then we will have lunch at Nonna and Nonno's." Mum said as she made sure she'd packed everything as I have been discharged from the hospital.

"We're going straight to Nonna's aren't we?" I asked Mum as she put my bag over her shoulder.

"Yeah, you can shower there. I've got you a fresh bag in the car." Mum told me as we walked and got into the lift.

"Thanks Mum" I replied.

We got out to the car and started driving to Nonna and Nonno's, I noticed Mum was driving a bit slower than usual but didn't say anything as I knew she was doing it for me.

"We're here babe. I'll get your bag." Mum said as we pulled into the driveway.

"Mum, I'm fine. I can take my bag." I said before we got out of the car.

"I've got it, you've still got to take it easy and I'm guessing Nonna is about to squeeze you." Mum said making me smile.

"Mum we're here." Mum called out.

***

We were about half way through lunch at Nonna's and I wasn't really hungry but I was in a bit of pain and I wasn't really up for talking.

"When is Mason's funeral?" Nonna asked; hearing those words just made me feel sick.

"Excuse me. I need some air." I said pushing me chair out and getting up, walking out.

I carried on walking until I came to the park that Mason and I sometimes would come to. I sat down at the bench and started crying, I didn't even bother to try and stop the tears from falling as I thought about spending time with Mason in this park...

"Babe come here." Mason said as he grabbed my hand, gently pulling me towards him as he lent against the tree on the ground. "What?" I said as he pulled me onto his lap so my legs were on either side of his waist, he leant his forehead against mine. "I love you beautiful" Mason whispered before he kissed me, running his tongue along my bottom lip asking for entrance which I allowed as I ran my hands down his torso. We broke apart to catch our breaths. "I love summer evenings like this." I whispered.

***

Gina's POV

It's been a few hours since Camden left the house, I know she's not really coping with the fact that Mason's funeral is coming up, but I'm really worried. It's getting cold and late and the candlelight vigil is tonight.

I decided to ring Tash, maybe Cam has gone to hers as it's the only place I haven't looked.

"Hi Gina" Tash said as she answered the phone.

"Hi Tash, is Cam with you?" I asked

"No, why?" Tash answered

"We were having lunch and Mason's funeral got bought up. Cam said she needed air and I haven't seen her since and I've looked everywhere that I can think of." I explained

"I'm with Ty, we will go look for her, I think I might know where she would have gone. We'll go check it out, if she's there should we take her home or the candlelight vigil?" Tash asked.

"Just see what see wants. Thanks Tash." I replied

"Ok Gina. Bye." Tash replied before she hung up.

Cam's POV

I don't know how long I've been sitting here but I know it is starting to get dark.

"Aren't you cold?" Tash asked as she threw a blanket across my lap and sat beside me along with Ty.

"What are you doing here?" I asked thinking that it was cold.

"Gina called, she's worried that she couldn't find you and its almost time to go to the school for the vigil." Tash explained.

"How'd you know I'd be here?" I asked

"We know that you and Mason came here when you wanted to be alone." Ty told me.

"And Gina said she'd looked everywhere she could think of." Tash added on.

"We should get going if we want to make it to the vigil in time." Ty said.

"Cam, if you don't want to go, you don't have too." Tash told me.

"But if you go, you can go home at any time." Ty finished.

"I'm not ready to say goodbye." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Cam, it's going to be ok. Lets get in the car and get warmed up." Tash said.

We stood up, and walked to Ty's car, Tash sat in the back with me as we drove to the school.

"You ready?" Tash asked me before we got out.

"Not really." I replied before I got out.

We walked to the square and joined the large group of teachers and students that had already lit their candles and placed them around the flowers. Tash grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze as we watching people continuing to place candles, cry, and talk. I stood taking in the scene in front of me, trying to focus on being strong.

A number of words were said and many tears fell. About half way through, Mum arrived and stood beside me as she wrapped a jacket around my shoulders.

"Mum, can you take me home?" I asked Mum as I was tired and felt sick.

"Sure babe, lets go." Mum replied before we walked to the car.

Mum drove me home, neither of us saying anything, we got home and I walked in and straight into my room, just wanting to go to sleep.