43

Forty Three

DECEMBER

Cam's POV

"Babe, are you ready?" Lincoln asked as I slipped on my heels. I walked out of my room to see Lincoln standing in his suit.

"You are gorgeous." Lincoln said as he kissed me.

"Thank you. You look dapper yourself." I replied smiling.

"Let's go." Lincoln said as we both put on our coats and I grabbed my bag.

We walked out of the building to Lincoln's car, he opened the door for me and I got in before being joined by him. We started driving.

"So when do you have to go home to Melbourne?" Lincoln asked as we drove, our hands intertwined as his thumb brushed back and forth over mine.

"I'm not this year. I thought I'd have a white Christmas." I stated simply, smiling as Lincoln looked at me smiling wide before turning back to look at the road.

"Really?" He asked like a kid of Christmas morning.

"Really." I replied.

"So do you have any plans?" He asked as we stopped at the traffic lights.

"Nope except I have to Skype the family on Christmas Eve." I replied smiling.

"Well that's good. Why don't we spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day together?" Lincoln asked.

"I'd love too. So what is your usual Christmas?" I asked.

"I hold Christmas lunch at mine and cook, about ten people came over whose parents go or live out of town and on the 24th I do attend the Children's hospital charity function that Anderson properties sponsors. You should come with me this year." Linc replied

"I would love too. So what actually happens at this function?" I asked.

"It's just a big Christmas party for the sick kids and their families where we have some food, hand out presents and entertain the kids. Its one of the few functions I actually attend." Linc replied making me smile.

"Unlike this one." Linc said as we pulled up to his parents house as we stopped and both our doors opened. We got out, Linc made his way round to me, and wrapped his arm around my waist. We walked in, took off our coats before being escorted through to the main area that was filled with people.

"Lincoln, Cam." Mr Anderson said as he and Marie walked over.

"Hello Mr Anderson, Marie." I said.

"Hi Mum, Dad." Lincoln said.

"You look lovely Cam." Marie said.

"Thank you, so do you." I replied.

"Lincoln, I would like you to meet some people." Mr Anderson said.

"I'll stay with her dear." Marie said to Lincoln.

Lincoln leaned in, kissing me on the lips quickly before whispering "I'll be as quick as I can." Before turning around and following his father.

"Here we go." Marie said as a waitress walked past us with a tray of glasses, she grabbed a glass of champagne as I grabbed an orange juice.

"Let me introduce you to some people." Marie said as she grabbed my hand and led me away.

Lincoln's POV

It had been almost an hour and a half since Cam and I had arrived and had been separated, I looked over and spotted Cam with my Mum and her friends. I quickly excused myself and made my way over to her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Evening ladies, please excuse Cam and myself." I said.

"Go ahead." Mum replied smiling.

Cam and I walked away from the group and I unwrapped my arms from around her waist, instead of intertwining our fingers together as I led her up the stairs as she grabbed her dress to stop her from tripping.

"Where are we going?" Cam asked quietly.

"I want to show you something." I replied as we walked into my old room. I walked to the balcony doors and opened them up as we walked out on to the deck, into the cold brisk New York winter.

I pulled Cam into me, my hands on her hips as she placed hers on my shoulders. I gently leaned in and kissed her, we ended up making out for a while even though the cold was getting to us.

"Let's leave. Go get a hot chocolate and some dessert. Maybe Daisey's Diner." I said.

"Sounds good. Let's go." Cam replied as we walked back inside. I shut the doors behind me before we made our way down the stairs. Just as we got to the bottom, Mum came round the corner.

"There you two are." Mum said.

"We're going to get going. We both still have exams. Have a safe trip. Love you Mum." I said hugging her.

"I will, you two stay safe too. Love you." Mum replied.

"Thank you for a lovely night." Cam said to Mum as Mum hugged her.

"Night." Mum said to both of us just as I got handed our coats. I wrapped Cam's around her shoulders just as I was informed that the car had been bought around.

"Night." We replied as I guided Cam out to the car.

Cam's POV

Lincoln and I arrived at Daisey's Diner, it was late and empty. We walked in taking a seat at a window booth, both seated on the same side.

"What can I get you two tonight?" The waitress asked us.

"Can we get two hot chocolates with whipped cream and a banana split royale with two spoons please." I ordered.

"Sure, it won't be too long." The waitress said before leaving us to it.

"Sorry about having to leave you with my Mum and friends tonight." Lincoln said as he grabbed my hand.

"It's fine babe. I understand that you have to meet people." I replied.

"I still don't know how I got so lucky with you." Linc told me.

"Neither do I." I replied smiling.

"Here we go." The waitress said as she put the order in front of us.

"Thank you." We said together.

I took a bit of the whipped cream, putting it on the end of my finger tip and placing it on Linc's nose making him laugh before he wiped it off. We sat drinking and sharing the banana split.

"Do you want to stay at mine tonight?" I asked as we finished.

"I'd love too." He replied as I paid the cheque.

"Lets get out of here." I replied as we stood up, thanking the waitress as we left, heading back to mine.