30

Thirty

Cam's POV

Tomorrow is Christmas Day and since I haven't been to visit Mason since I got back, I decided that this afternoon I would.

I walked past Mum and the boys and straight out of the door towards the cemetery, without saying a word.

I stopped and got some flowers on my way before I walked through the cemetery gates and walked over to Mason. I sat down next to his stone and arranged the flowers on the edge.

"Hi Mas." I said.

"I still miss you everyday. Even being half way round the world I still miss you. You probably already know but Tash and Ty got engaged. I always thought that would be us, settling down, getting married and having a few kids running round but I guess fate had different ideas for the both of us." I paused taking a deep breathe and wiping under my eyes.

"I wish I could just hear your voice again, just once. I had lunch with your parents yesterday, they're broken Mason but holding on. You left a big hole in everyone's lives especially mine." I stated not wanting to say any more.

I sat thinking about this past year, where we were at the beginning of the year and now here I am sitting at Mason's grave and getting ready to go back to New York in a couple of days.

Jai's POV

"Do you know where Cam went? It's getting dark." Mum asked, worry evident in her voice.

"I didn't know she left." Beau said.

"I think I'll know where she will be. I'll go and check." I said getting up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Luke asked.

"It's ok." I replied as I walked out.

I knew Cam would be at one of two places, she would either be at the school playing piano or she would be at Mason's grave. And I know she hasn't played since the crash so my first point of call would be the cemetery.

The sun was setting as I walked through the cemetery gates. I saw Cam and made my way over.

"Cam." I said quietly as I made my way over to her.

"Hey Jai." Cam replied quietly.

"It's getting late and Mum's worried." I told her.

"Sorry I didn't realise it was." Cam replied as I held my hand out to help her up.

She took my hand and stood up.

"We need to make a stop on our way home." I told Cam as we walked out of the cemetery.

Cam's POV

Jai and I were walking home when we stopped at the school.

"What are we doing here Jai?" I asked as we walked towards the music block.

"Just wait and see." Jai said as he opened the door and we made our way through the block.

"I want you to do something for me." Jai said.

"What?" I asked.

"I want you to play for me. He wouldn't want you to give up what you love." Jai said as we got to the piano.