27

Twenty Seven

**December**

Cam's POV

"Its so good to be free." Angie said as we tied up our skates.

"I'm so glad exams are over." Andy stated.

"You and me both." I replied.

"Lets get on the ice." Tiffany screamed like an excited child making us laugh.

We decided to go skating at the Rocker-feller centre to celebrate the end of our exams before we all leave to go home for Christmas.

"We're coming." Angie replied as Tiffany was already on the ice waiting for us.

"Need a hand." Andy said holding his hand out for me to take.

"Thanks." I said as I grabbed his hand and stood up before making our way onto the ice.

We got on the ice and skated round, mucking about and falling over. It was kind of like dominos, we were all trying to skate in a line, but we weren't all that successful.

"Lets say the one thing we are looking forward to when we get home." Tiffany paused "Mine would be seeing my boyfriend." She finished.

"I would have to say home cooking." Angie replied.

"Playing football in the snow with my brothers, it always ends up in an all-out brawl." Andy replied chuckling.

"I'm looking forward to seeing all my family and friends." I replied.

"You have to fly to LA first then how long is it to Melbourne?" Angie asked.

"I've got the five hour flight to LA then a two hour layover then it's a thirteen hour flight to Melbourne." I replied.

"That sucks and the jetlag must be worse." Andy stated.

"Yeah but its worth it." I replied smiling.

"You still coming with me to get tattooed after this?" I asked Andy.

"Yip." He replied popping the 'p'.

"What are you getting?" I asked.

"I'm getting a quote, what about you?" he replied.

"I just want the word 'ohana' with a red heart in cased around the 'a' on my wrist." I replied.

"My feet are killing me." Angie said as she skated over to us.

"Mine are too. Do you want to get off the ice?" I asked.

"Yes please." Angie replied sounding relived.

"I'm coming too." Andy said as we skated over to the exit.

We got off the ice, sat down and took off our skates, as we sat and watched Tiff twirl around until she came off.

"This is where me and Tiff say goodbye seeing as we still need to pack and get to the airport to catch our flights for tonight." Angie said before she and Tiff hugged both Andy and I. We exchanged hugs and said goodbyes before we split into two different cabs, Andy and I were heading to the tattoo shop while Tiff and Angie were heading back to their apartment.

Andy and I got out of the taxi and walked into the tattoo shop, it was empty.

"Hi, we were wondering if you had time to do a couple of tattoos?" Andy said.

"Sure. Who wants to do a couple of walk ins?" The lady called out.

"I will." Tommy said, who tattooed my last time.

"Yeah, I can do one too." Another guy said walking over.

"I'm Luke." The guy introduced himself to Andy.

"Wait, do I know you?" Tommy asked me.

"You tattooed me last time I was in here. You did the cross with the quote." I replied.

"That's right. Lets sit over here and discuss what you want today" he said.

"Ok." I replied as I followed Tommy to the seat as Andy and Luke stood discussing his tattoo.

"So what do you want today?" Tommy asked me.

"I just want a small tattoo on my wrist. I want the word 'ohana' in black and I want a heart wrapped around the 'a' on a slight angle in red or whatever you think works." I told him.

"Alright that's easy. I'll draw that up and we'll get you tattooed in just a minute." Tommy replied before standing up and walking away, just as Andy sat back down next to me.

***

The next day

"Flight QF94 to Melbourne is boarding now." The intercom stated.

I stood up, grabbing my carry on and heading to the gate to board. After being on a plane for five hours just to get to LA I was already over flying but I was looking forward to getting on the plane and sleeping most of the way as I was exhausted at it was almost eleven-thirty at night, between cramming for exams, yesterdays skate and tattoo session, all the early morning and very late night workouts, the late shifts at work and the ridiculous time I had to leave for the airport this morning, I haven't really had time to sleep.

I boarded the plane, finding my seat and putting my carry on in the overhead locked, leaving just my phone and headphones out. I waited until the plane took off before I put my headphones in and turned the volume down, shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep.