40

Forty

END OF AUGUST

Cam's POV

Tonight I was cooking at Lincoln's, we aren't official yet but then again we've practically seen each other every day and I couldn't be happier. I feel like I'm in a good place.

I was standing in front of the stove stirring the pasta as I was making homemade spaghetti with meatballs, mushrooms and spinach with a rich tomato sauce, when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a head rest on my shoulder.

"It smells amazing babe." Lincoln said as he kissed my neck.

"It's nearly ready." I replied.

"I'll set the table. Do you want red or white wine?" Linc asked as he unwrapped himself from me.

"I don't mind." I replied as I got two plates out of the cupboard, getting ready to serve dinner.

"I think we'll have red then." He replied opening the bottle as I started serving.

"Here we go." I said as I placed the plates down on the table.

"Thanks babe." he replied.

Lincoln's POV

Cam and I had finished eating and had moved to the couch after cleaning up. I wanted to make it official with Cam tonight but I was worried as we were taking things slow even though we had spent pretty much everyday together since our first date.

"Cam." I said as she leant against me with her back to my chest.

"Yeah." She replied as she turned to look at me.

"I want to ask you something." I said.

"Ask away." She smiled.

"Will you be my girlfriend? I mean like official and that." I asked blabbering.

"Yes boyfriend." She replied before kissing me softly.