34

Thirty Four

JUNE

Cam's POV

I sat in my favourite coffee shop that I visited almost every day, it was a little, dimly lit place that was always empty around 10:30 when I would come in between classes, waiting for my coffee and raspberry and white chocolate muffin while I studied.

"Here we go Cam." Renee said as she placed my coffee and muffin down.

"Thank you." I replied as she left me to study and eat.

I continued to study as I ate my muffin and drank my coffee. I had just finished my muffin when I heard the door open, I continued to read not bothering to notice.

"Excuse me." I heard a voice, I looked up and found a young man, I'm guessing about my age standing in front of me.

"Yes." I replied

"I was wondering if I can sit with you, I mean a beautiful woman like yourself shouldn't be sitting alone." He said rather forward.

"I was just leaving but you're more than welcome to the table." I replied as I stood up, grabbing my bag and my book and heading for the door.

***

TWO WEEKS LATER

Every day for the last two weeks the same guy has been coming up and asking to sit with me and no matter how many times I refuse he's keep coming back.

I was sat in the coffee shop again drinking coffee and drawing this time, when all of a sudden a wave of people came in, filling the coffee shop. Every single seat was taken except for the one left at my table. As I looked around I saw the mysterious guy at the counter ordering before I continued drawing.

"It seems like this is the only seat available, mind if I join you?" he asked, I nodded in reply as he took a seat.

"I'm Lincoln Anderson and you are?" He asked

"Going to be late." I replied as I got up grabbing everything and leaving.

**

THREE DAYS LATER

For the past three days, the coffee shop has filled dramatically, always only leaving one seat that just happened to be at my table. And for the past three days, the guy who I know is Lincoln has been sitting at my table, yesterday was the first time I sat with him but neither of us spoke. Today I walked into the coffee shop and once again, after I'd ordered and sat down, the coffee shop filled.

"May I sit here?" Lincoln asked.

"Sure." I replied.

"So, are you going to tell me your name seeing you know mine?" He asked.

"Camden Brooks, but call me Cam." I replied.

"So Cam, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight?" He asked me.

"Umm..." I didn't know what to say.

"Just one night and if you don't have fun, I'll leave you alone for good." He smiled.

"Ok." I replied giving in.

"Right, I'll meet you here tonight at 6:30." Lincoln replied smiling before he walked out.

I can't believe I just agreed to hang out with someone I barely know.

I made my way back to the campus and sat in classes for the rest of the day before heading back to my apartment to get ready.

I made my way to the coffee shop, trying to calm my nerves and wondering what the hell I was doing.

I rounded the corner and saw him standing them, I suddenly felt nervous, he turned and saw me as I walked closer to him.

"Hi Cam." Lincoln said smiling.

"Hi Lincoln." I replied.

"So I thought we could get some dinner and then maybe go for a walk." Lincoln suggested.

"Sounds good." I replied as we started walking.

"Do you like Italian?" he asked.

"I do." I replied.

"Good because we're going to Ciccio" he informed me.

***

Lincoln walked me back to my apartment building, it was almost midnight, we'd somehow managed to lose track of time as we got to know each other.

"Here we are." I said as we got to my building.

"I had a really nice time tonight Lincoln, thank you." I said feeling stupid yet happy.

"I did too. I'm glad you agreed to go out with me tonight. I was wondering if you'd like to go out again?" Lincoln asked making me blush slightly.

"I'd really like to get to know you more but it will have to be when I get back if that's ok." I replied.

"Back?" He asked.

"I leave for LA tomorrow well actually later today, for a couple of weeks seeing as my summer course finished today." I told him.

"Well then Miss Brooks, I will wait for you to get back for LA. Just so you know, I'm holding you to it." He replied making me smile.

"I'll see you when I get back then." I replied truly meaning it.

"Night Miss Brooks." Lincoln said kissing my cheek before hailing a cab.

"Goodnight Mr Anderson." I said as a cab stopped and he got in.

I walked up to my apartment, smiling, its been a long time since I felt this way, since I felt this happy. I don't know whether it was Lincoln or it was the fact I was going to LA in a number of hours but maybe it was both.