Eleven

Eleven

Three Days Later

Cam's POV

In less than two days I'm going to New York, I've finished all my exams now but before I leave, I have to have a check-up at the hospital and get cleared to fly seeing as I had surgery. After my appointment with the doctor this morning, I then have an appointment at the prison to see the man who changed my life and killed Mason although no-one knows that I'm going.

Every time I come back to the hospital, I get this pit that forms in my stomach as the smell of disinfectant overwhelms me as I walk through the halls.

"Hi, I'm Camden Brooks and I have an appointment with Doctor Michael Adams." I told the receptionist.

"Hi Camden, take a seat and the Michael will be with you shortly." The receptionist replied.

"Thanks" I replied before taking a seat in the waiting area.

Waiting is the worst, it just makes me nervous; actually doctors make me nervous, so waiting and doctors are defiantly not my favourite.

"Camden" Michael said. I stood up and followed Michael into his exam room.

"Hi Camden, grab a seat on the bed." Michael told me.

"Hi" I replied as I put my bag and jacket down and sat on the bed.

"So, how have you been feeling, any pain?" He asked

"A lot better, I bit of discomfort at times but nothing much." I replied

"Alright, do you mind if a take a look?" he replied

"That's fine" I replied as I lifted my top up.

"Everything looks really good, you're healing nicely." Michael told me.

"Good. So am I good to fly?" I asked.

"Yes I can clear you to fly but you will still need to take it easy." Michael told me.

"Ok." I replied

"Also Camden you may have a bit of discomfort after you fly just because of the change of altitudes." Michael told me.

"Ok." I replied

"Do you have any questions?" he asked

"Not that I can think of." I replied.

"Well we're done. Have a good trip and take it easy for a couple more weeks." Michael said.

"Thanks Michael. Bye." I replied before I walked out of the room.

I left the hospital and headed for the prison...

***

I got through all the security out and inside of the prison and waited in line to check in.

"Next." The prison guard said.

"Hi sweetie, who are you here to see today and what is your name?" the lady asked.

"My name is Camden Brooks and I'm here to see Andrew Patterson." I replied

"Alright sweetie, go take a seat and we'll call you when he's situated; it won't be long." She told me.

I went and took a seat with the rest of the people waiting; I felt more and more nervous as the time passed by slowly.

"Who's here to see Andrew Patterson?" A guard asked.

"I am" I said as I stood up.

"Ok, come with me." the guard told me.

I followed the guard into the visiting room and he pointed to the table where he was sitting; I stopped and took a breath.

"Are you alright?" the guard asked me.

"Yeah." I replied

"First time here?" He asked

"That obvious?" I asked in reply.

"I know it can be overwhelming, but just take your time." He replied.

I walked over to the table and sat down, coming face to face with the man who killed Mason and nearly me.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked

"Yes." Andrew replied.

"Why did you drive that night?" I asked

"I don't know." He replied looking down.

"That night you killed the man who I planned to spend the rest of my life with and you don't know?" I replied angrily.

"It was stupid of me, but I can't tell you why." He replied.

"Do you even care that you destroyed two lives that night, not to mention two families entire world?" I asked trying not to lose it.

"Not really." He replied.

I'd heard enough, maybe coming here wasn't a good idea. I got up from the table and walked to the guard, who opened the gate for me and walked me back to the waiting area to get my bag and jacket before leaving.

I walked out of the prison and felt angry and upset, but I also knew that I would never be back.