Two

Two

Gina's POV

I'm sitting next to Camden's bed holding her hand, waiting, hoping, and praying that she will wake up soon but the doctor did say it may take a while considering her injuries and the fact that she had to have surgery. I just don't know how I'll tell Cam that Mason died on impact.

"Gina, darling, I'm going to get a cup of tea, do you want me to get you a coffee?" Mum asked as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"That would be great thanks Mum." I said as I wiped my face, Mum handing me a tissue before she walked out of the room, leaving Dad with me.

"She's strong darling, she will wake up soon." Dad said to me as he came and sat beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"I know she will, I just wish she would hurry up. I want to see those beautiful green eyes again." I whispered trying not to cry.

"Have you told the boys?" Dad asked

"I let them know what happened while she was in surgery and I text them telling them she was out and stable." I replied

"Here darling." Mum said as she walked in, handing me my coffee.

"Thanks, you two should go home and get some sleep. I'll call you if anything changes. What's the time anyway?" I said to my parents.

"It's just after 7am. Alright darling, we'll be back in a few hours unless anything changes." Mum replied hugging me before her and dad left.

Cam's POV

*Beep Beep Beep*

I can feel the pain going through my body, my head hurts and I feel like each bone in my body is aching but I still haven't opened my eyes; to be honest I feel really drowsy. Although I can feel a light grip on my right hand; I slowly opened my eyes, the bright light making me want to close them again.

"Mum" I said quietly, my throat dry.

"Camden" Mum said loudly, her face smiling although her eyes were watered.

"W-Water please." I croaked out; Mum quickly let go of my hand and got me some water, letting me take a sip, as she pushed the nurses button.

"Where's Mason?" I asked Mum.

"Yes Gina?" The nurse asked as she stood in the doorway.

"She's awake." Mum told the nurse.

"I'll get the doctor." The nurse said before she disappeared.

"Mum" I asked

"Camden, Mason died. He didn't make it baby." Mum said as she welled up.

"No he can't have." I stated, my own eyes tearing up.

"Camden, I'm Doctor Michael Adams, how are you feeling?" Doctor Adams asked

"Sore and drowsy." I replied

"Alright, that is to be expected considering your injuries and the medicine we have you on. Do you have a headache at all?" Doctor Adams asked

"A bit" I replied

"Ok, if the pain gets any worse, let a nurse know. Camden, the impact from the accident ruptured your spleen and punctured your lung which is why you had surgery and you have a chest drain in to make sure the lung doesn't fill with fluid but it will come out in a few days, you also have a few fractured ribs and two broken fingers. You had a dislocated shoulder which we have put back in place and you have a good cut to your head and a concussion. Do you have any questions?" Doctor Adams told me.

"No." I replied feeling tired.

"If you feel up to it, there is a police officer here to talk to you." Doctor Adams informed me.

"I can." I replied

"Alright, I'll go get the officer. If you need anything or have any questions, just push the button." Doctor Adams said.

"Thanks." Mum said to Doctor Adams as he walked out.

"Mum, did Mason make it out of the car or..." I trailed off not wanting to cry.

"He died on impact, he didn't suffer." Mum replied.

"Can I come in?" the officer said as he knocked on the open door.

"Sure, I'll give you a minute." Mum said, kissing my forehead before she walked out of the room.

"Hi Camden, my name is Angela Winters and I'm a police officer. I'd like to talk to you about the car crash and see what you remember if that's ok?" Angela introduced herself, as I sat up slightly.

"Hi." I replied

"Can you tell me about last night and where you were coming from and going to?" Angela asked.

"M-Mason and I were having date night, we'd been to Universal, the Italian restaurant, and we were heading back to his." I replied

"Ok, did you see the car coming towards you at all?" Angela asked

"No, we were driving and then I'm here." I said as a tear ran down my cheek.

"Here" Angela said as she passed me a tissue.

"Thanks." I replied

"I want to inform you that we have arrested and charged a 36 year old man for the accident as he failed to stop at a stop sign, as well as for speeding and for being a drunk and drugged driver. He will be arraigned in court tomorrow morning." Angela told me.

"Was he injured at all?" I asked.

"No, he wasn't. Do you want to ask me anything else?" Angela replied, I shook my head indicating 'no'.

"Alright, I will leave my card here and I will keep you and your Mum updated on what happens tomorrow. Get some rest." Angela said.

"Thanks." I replied

"Bye Camden." Angela said before she walked out of the hospital room.

I wiped my face as the tears started to flow and tried to get comfortable, just as Mum walked back in.

"Baby, it's going to be ok, you're going to get through this." Mum told me as she sat on the bed next to me.

"Can you please go, I just want to be alone right now." I said to Mum.

"Cam please, don't push me away." Mum said to me.

"I'm tired and sore and I want to be alone." I told Mum, getting more upset.

"Ok, I'll go home and get you some things. I'll be back later." Mum told me, giving in instead of fighting me.

I watched as Mum picked up her bag and listened as her footsteps walked away. I rolled onto my back as more tears rolled down my cheeks, not bothering to wipe them away. I laid there until I felt myself slowly fall asleep, crying.

Gina's POV

I went home, packing a bag for Cam and took the opportunity to have a shower, get changed, grab a bit of food and I texted the boys letting them know that Cam was awake and that I would facetime them tomorrow before going back into the hospital.

I walked into the hospital and up to Cam's ward.

"Hi, how's she doing?" I asked the nurse who had just walked out of her room.

"Camden's asleep, she was awake earlier and had a bite to eat. We gave her some more pain relief, now that's she has been awake for a while." The nurse explained.

"Ok, I'll be in with her." I said before walking into Cam's room, her face still tear stained as she slept.

My beautiful girl's world has just been turned upside down and I have no idea how to help...