31

Thirty One

Cam's POV

I sat on the edge of my bed, finishing off getting ready. It's my first Christmas without Mason. I was just about to put my jewellery on, as I picked up my ring I thought about when Mason gave it to me last Christmas...

"Merry Christmas babe." Mason said as he walked into my room and kissed me. "Merry Christmas Mas." I replied. "I know we said we weren't going to do presents but I got you something." Mas said as he sat next to me. "Mason." I whined. "It's not exactly a Christmas present babe. Here you go." Mason said handing me a small jewellery box. I opened it up and inside was a knot ring, the one that Mason and I had looked at just a few days ago. "It's amazing Mason, thank you babe." I said before kissing his cheek. He reached over, taking the ring out of the box, before taking my right hand and placing it on my ring finger. "I love you." I told Mason as he slid the ring on my finger. "And I love you." Mason replied.

I still Mason, I always will but for me it's time to take it off my hand, instead I will wear it around my neck as I am not ready to take it off completely. I pulled out a chain just as there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called just as I slipped the ring on to the chain and placed it around my neck.

"Merry Christmas Cam." Luke said.

"Merry Christmas Luke." I replied

"Mum wanted to know if you are ready to go." Luke told me.

"I'll be out in a minute." I replied as I stood up, grabbing a hat and my bag.

****

TWO DAYS LATER

Today's the day I head back to New York via Sydney. My flight leaves at 10:30.

"Ready to go baby." Mum asked as I walked out of my room, dragging my suitcase and carry on with me.

"Yeah, lets go." I replied.

"Are you going to say bye to the boys?" Mum asked.

"I said bye last night and I don't want to wake them." I replied walking towards the door.

"Alright, lets get you to the airport." Mum replied as we walked to the car.

The drive to the airport was incredibly quiet, Mum was sad that I was leaving again and I had mixed feelings, I was excited to go back to New York and to my apartment but sad to be leaving everyone here in Melbourne.

I knew once I got back to New York I would have a few days to get re-settled and get over my jetlag before celebrating New Year's Eve and then getting back into studying.

"We're here baby." Mum said as we got to the airport.

We walked into the airport, I got checked in and said goodbye to Mum. I waited until my flight was called and boarded my plane; somehow leaving this time wasn't as hard.