Twenty Three

Twenty Three

Cam's POV

Leaving LA today is going to be hard but I know that it's the right decision, I mean I still have my reservations about going to New York.

I sat in my room, my suitcases were packed but I was having trouble closing them.

"You need some help?" James asked as he stood in the doorway.

"Yes please, I can't get them done up or downstairs for that matter." I replied.

"Sure." James said walking over and helping me get them done up, although it was a struggle.

"Thanks James." I replied as we finished getting my suitcases done up.

"Can you carry one downstairs and I'll carry the other?" James suggested.

"Yeah, I can." I replied standing up grabbing my carry on, and one of the suitcases as James grabbed the other one and led the way downstairs.

"How are you going to lift these at the airport?" James asked as we finally reached the bottom of the stairs.

"I'll be right." I said looking at the time, realising that my cab was going to be here very soon as I walked into the lounge with James behind me.

"Right, I guess its time then." Beau said breaking the silence.

"Are you sure you don't want us to come to the airport with you?" Mariam asked.

"Thanks but no, this is going to be hard enough." I replied feeling sad.

"Ok, but we'll be in New York soon enough for tour and we're always just a text or phone call away." Beau said.

"Or a five hour flight." Luke added just as my phone went off letting me know my cab was here.

"I know, I should go." I replied as I began to tear up.

"Group hug." Daniel yelled making me laugh slightly before everyone hugged me.

"We'll give you four a minute, we'll take your bags to the taxi Cam." Ronnie said before he, Mariam, James and Daniel walked out.

"You know if you need anything, just let us know." Beau told me.

"I will. I love you all." I said

"We love you too." Jai replied hugging me.

"Ahh... I need to get going." I said quietly.

"Alright, lets go then." Luke said, knowing that it was only getting worse for me.

Beau, Luke, Jai and I all walked out of the house and up the drive towards the taxi.

"That bag suits you." I said to Daniel who had my handbag slung over his shoulder.

"Thanks." He replied as he handed me my bag.

"Right, I'll see you all soon." I replied.

We all hugged before I got into the taxi. The taxi pulled away from the curb, I turned around to look through the window and saw everyone standing watching as I drove away.

***

"Here we are Miss." The cab driver told me as we pulled up at LAX.

"Let me help you with your bags." The driver said as we walked to the boot; he pulled out my bags, putting them on the ground.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Have a safe flight Miss." The driver said before I headed into the airport.

Beau's POV

"She'll be ok though, I mean she'll be on the plane now won't she." I nervously paced.

"Beau, calm down, she'll be fine. Cam's got a strong but wild heart." Jacob reassured me.

"I know but she's on her own. Maybe one of us should have gone with her, just to make sure she settles in, I mean for a couple of days." I replied.

"Beau, she'll call us if she needs us. But right now you need to relax." Luke reasoned.

"We're her brothers and we just let her leave. I mean she's all alone." I replied as Daniel grabbed me by my shoulders.

"Beau, stop! Take a deep breath. It's Cam we are talking about, the girl who at 14 years old got suspended from school because she defended herself against that bitch of a mother and her daughter. And if I remember rightly, she stood up in front of the whole school and parents meeting and told them that their beliefs and values were floored." Daniel told me making me smile.

"You're right. It's Cam." I replied.

***

Cam's POV

I walked out of the airport and immediately the cold wrapped itself around my body. I'm in New York.

I quickly grabbed a cab, put my bags in, and gave the driver my address to my apartment.