55

Fifty Five

Christmas Day

Cam's POV

I couldn't believe that our time here in Australia was almost over, today was our last full day as we were flying home tomorrow.

We had a family Christmas lunch, after we had finished eating and had cleaned up, I walked back over to the table as Nonna pulled out old Christmas photos of the boys and I, making us all cringe and laugh. Lincoln pulled me down gently onto his lap as he wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped an arm around his neck kissing his cheek.

"Look at this one." Nonna said as she handed Mum the photo.

"Oh I remember this, Cam crying and Beau trying to calm her down as the photo was snapped." Mum explained before turning it around and showing everyone.

"Wait, why were you crying?" Linc asked.

"She was crying because of Santa." Luke smirked.

"Santas are fucking scary." I stated.

"You're scared of Santa?" Linc asked trying to stifle a laugh.

"I used to be. Just think of it this way, I was tiny and to me Santa was a giant. And anyway that was well before I learned that Santa was just a bunch of creepy old fat men in red suits." I defended myself.

"It's ok babe, I'll protect you from all the Santas." Linc said seriously making everyone laugh.

"I hate you all right now." I said pouting.

We continued to look through a whole bunch of photos.

"This is one of my favourite photos." Mum said smiling.

"Which one's that Mum?" Jai asked.

"This one here." Mum showed us. It was a photo just after I was born with Mum holding me, and with Beau, Luke and Jai beside us, and I'm holding Beau's finger.

"I love that photo." I said.

"You were tiny." Linc said.

"She still is." Luke sassed as I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I can't believe how much you've all grown up. It feels like just yesterday that you all entered this world." Mum told us.

"Aww Mum." Beau said as he gave her a side hug.

***

THE NEXT DAY

Lincoln and I boarded our flight bound for New York with a stop over In Los Angeles. I was sat next to the window as Lincoln and I held hands watched as we left the runway.

I always hate leaving, it never gets easier but then again I am excited to head home with Lincoln.

"You ok Miss Brooks?" Linc asked me as I turned to face him.

"I'm good." I replied cuddling into him.

"We should get some sleep." He replied wrapping his arm around me.

"Yeah." I replied quietly as I shut my eyes, the tiredness overwhelming me.