39

Thirty Nine

Cam's POV

I felt nervous but excited as I was almost ready for my first proper date with Lincoln, I decided to wear a dress and heels but I didn't know where we were going so I figured it was better to be overdressed then under.

I walked downstairs to meet Lincoln as he was going to pick me up at 8pm.

"Wow Cam, you look amazing." Andy said as he walked in to the building after a late night studying.

"Thanks." I replied just as a town car pulled up outside. I walked out of the door into the warm night air just as Lincoln got out.

He got out of the car and walked over to me.

"Evening, Miss Brooks." He smiled before kissing my cheek.

"Hello Mr Anderson." I replied smiling.

"You look gorgeous Cam." He told me, making me blush slightly.

"Thank you. You look pretty good yourself." I replied as he guided me over to the car and opened the door for me. I got in before he got in and shut the door.

"We can go." He told the driver.

Lincoln's POV

Cam looked phenomenal, I couldn't believe that she agreed to go out with me. I knew I wanted our first date to be special so I called in a few favours so we could have an amazing night.

We got to the Empire State Building, I got out of the car before holding my hand out to help Cam out. As soon as Cam was out, I intertwined our fingers.

"The Empire State Building." Cam questioned.

"Let's go." I said walking with her into the building.

We walked until we got to the elevator, joined by an attendant.

"Good evening Mr Anderson, Miss Brooks." The attendant stated as he pushed the button for the 102nd floor.

I saw Cam looking at me but just smiled as I squeezed her hand lightly reassuring her. We finally made it to the 102nd floor, which had been made private just for tonight.

We walked out of the lift.

"Wow, this is beautiful." Cam said as she looked around, the blanket in the middle with pink and black roses surrounded by candles and the picnic basket, and unprecedented 360 degree views of New York, particularly Manhattan.

"A beautiful night for a beautiful girl." I replied.

"I can't believe you did all of this." Cam replied hugging me.

"I had some help." I replied as we sat down.

"Well its still amazing." Cam replied.

"I thought a picnic would be perfect." I said opening the basket pulling out everything.

"I couldn't agree with you more." Cam replied.

"So tell me what are you studying seeing as you've managed to evade the question so far?" Cam asked.

"I'm studying business and civil engineering. I plan to go into the family business - Anderson Properties." I replied.

"Anderson Properties as in the biggest property developers and owners in the States." Cam asked shocked.

"That's the one. My Dad owns the company. How did you not realise?" I asked Cam laughing.

"I didn't have a clue but that means you're part of the New York elite." Cam replied.

"I know and I guess but I don't really enjoy all of the class and status crap." I replied laughing.

Cam's POV

The night was more than amazing, I couldn't believe Lincoln had gone to so much trouble for me.

We sat in the car as we made our way to my apartment, Lincoln had his arm wrapped around my waist, his hand sitting on my hip, while I had one hand rested on his leg.

"We're here Sir." The driver told us as the car came to a stop.

Lincoln and I got out of the car and stood on the sidewalk.

"Tonight was amazing Lincoln." I said

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, I did too." Lincoln replied.

I felt myself leaning in as Lincoln did to, our lips brushed together.

"Goodnight Miss Brooks." Lincoln said after we had kissed.

"Goodnight Mr Anderson. We'll have to do this again." I replied smiling.

"We certainly will." He replied as he got in the car.

I watched as the car pulled away still smiling, I waited till it rounded the corner before walking inside and taking the elevator up to my apartment.