54

Fifty Four

Cam's POV

I finished getting ready and walked out into the kitchen.

"Morning Mum." I said.

"Morning Cam. Do you want a coffee?" Mum replied.

"I'd love one thanks." I replied.

"Lincoln has gone to the gym with the boys." Mum told me as she walked over to the table with both our coffees.

"Thanks Mum." I replied.

"You've got yourself a good guy there Cam." Mum told me smiling.

"I know Mum, that's why I fell in love with him." I replied candidly.

"How did it go at the cemetery yesterday?" Mum asked.

"Yesterday was a final goodbye." I replied which Mum understood.

"I meant to ask you how the other night went with Tash and Ty when you introduced Lincoln to them?" Mum asked.

"Not well, it was unbelievably uncomfortable and they were really rude. We didn't stay long in the end." I told her.

"What was that?" Mum asked.

"It honestly just felt like they didn't want us there. Don't get me wrong I understand that it would be a little difficult considering I was introducing them to Lincoln but they could have made an effort." I explained.

"Where does it leave you all?" Mum asked.

"I don't know." I replied as I honestly didn't but I did know that nobody was going to make me second guess my relationship with Lincoln.

"I'm sorry baby." Mum said.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry for. Anyway, while we are alone, I have some news I wanted to tell you." I told Mum.

"Should I brace myself?" Mum asked.

"No, it's nothing bad." I replied smiling.

"Ok, then tell me." Mum said smiling.

"Lincoln and I have been talking about the future and making a few decisions. We haven't told anyone yet as I wanted you to be the first to know." I told Mum.

"Now I'm getting nervous." Mum laughed.

"Well, after we graduate in May we are going to move to LA permanently." I told Mum as her face lit up.

"Wow, that's so great." Mum said excitedly.

"We were talking and it just fits for us. I mean all the boys are in LA and you are always over, and I hate having to leave all the time, so we made the decision. I haven't told the boys yet. Lincoln is going to work for the LA branch of his families company and I already have had a few of the top architect firms interested in hiring me that are based across America." I informed Mum.

"Oh my god. I'm so proud of you Cam." Mum said.

"Thanks Mum." I replied.

"I am going to be in New York for your graduation and then I will fly back to LA and stay with the boys." Mum informed me, making me excited.