35

Thirty Five

Cam's POV

I've spent the day just getting ready to fly to LA, packing and that, seeing as my flight didn't depart until 8:50pm which meant I would land in LA around 12:10am. Two weeks in sunny LA with everyone, I really couldn't wait.

I got on my flight to New York and settled in, my headphones blasting as I sat drawing, as we took off, bound for LA. Even if I wanted to sleep, I couldn't, I was too excited.

Jai's POV

"Cam's going to be here soon." Beau said as he yawned.

"So you haven't told her that I'm here." Mum asked.

"No we didn't. She just thinks she is going to be with us and Mariam." Luke replied laughing.

"Her flight landed at 12:10, so she should be here any minute." I replied

"We should head upstairs Mum so you can really surprise her." Luke said getting up.

Cam's POV

I arrived at the boys house, paid the cab fare and got my bag and suitcase out. I walked through the gates, down the drive and into the house, leaving my suitcase and bag in the foyer.

I walked into the lounge and Beau immediately noticed me, giving me a hug.

"Hi Beau." I said as he hugged me.

"Hi Cam." He replied.

I got hugged by everyone except Luke.

"Where is Lukey?" I asked.

"Luke." Beau yelled making me cringe.

"I still forget how loud you can be." I said as I heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"Hi Cam." Luke said as he walked over and hugged me.

"Camden Brooks." I heard my Mum's voice and turned around to see her smiling.

I ran over to her, hugging her tightly as she wrapped her arms around me, suddenly I felt tears form in my eyes.

"Cam, are you crying?" Beau asked.

"No, I'm just happy and surprised." I said pulling away from Mum, wiping my face as the boys laughed.

"Oh baby. You look amazing." Mum said.

"Thanks, so do you." I said yawning.

"Have you eaten?" Mum asked.

"I'm fine, when did you fly in?" I asked.

"On Wednesday morning." Mum replied making me glare at the boys.

"So any news to share?" Mum asked.

"Nope." I replied popping the 'p' and biting my lip to stop myself from smiling.

"How long are you in LA for?" I asked Mum.

"Just for another week and a half." Mum answered.

We sat talking for a while before I headed to bed as I was tired.

***

I woke up early, and decided to go for a run before getting showered. I got ready, put my earphones in and left the house. I finished running 10 miles and returned to the house, grabbing a quick shower.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen making myself a coffee and sitting at the bench before everyone else made their way downstairs.

Mum was cooking breakfast for everyone.

"Cam, where's your necklace gone?" Mum asked.

"It was time to take it off. It's been a year and I don't want to be sad or feel stuck anymore. I know that he'll always be in my heart and I'm glad for the time I spent with him but I'm also looking towards the future now." I replied honestly making Mum smile, as I finished Beau stood behind me, hugging me from behind.

"I'm proud of you baby." Mum told me.

"Thanks Mum." I replied.