01

- august, 2017

"JJ!" I yelled walking through the sidemen house.

"BESTIES BACK!" JJ shouted, trotting down the stairs and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I missed you JJ." I said much calmer, squeezing him a little tighter before stepping away.

"I missed you too Kay." He smiled before adding,

"Okay well, i'll see you later, i've got to film."

"Alright, I think I'm gonna go see Dej." I said back.

"Tell the fam I miss them and that i love them." He said.

"Okay." I replied.

"Bye, Kay." He said, then kissing me on the cheek.

It was not in a romantic way though. We are best friends and nothing more.

We officially agreed on that when, one night about a year ago when we had slept together and instantly regretted it.

"Bye Kay. Love ya!" Tobi said coming out of the kitchen and running up to me.

We are extremely close with each other. well, After JJ of course.

"Bye tobs. I love you too!" I replied, pulling him into a hug, which he gratefully returned.

"Ima head to the Olatunji house now." I told him as he nodded, letting go of her.

"I'll pick you up for church on Sunday." he said.

Tobi had recently convinced me to start going to church with him, back in January. He'd made a news year's resolution with me that we'd start going together. Though I never thought i'd be a church goer, it has grown an amazing bond between Tobi and I. 

-
-

"HELLO SECOND FAMILY, YOUR FAVORITE KID IS HOME." I shouted walking in as I vlogged.

"JIDE!" Yinka smiled,

"Our adopted child's home." She giggled calling her husband over.

She instantly pulled me into a hug. Jide doing the same.

I really love this family, i never really had one of my own as a kid. but the moment i met this lot, everything got better.

That being said, back when i was living at home, i used the internet and my channel, as an escape; that's when I turned to vlogging regularly. I would go out and film myself shopping and things like that. My channel had started growing. It shortly reached numbers i had never expected, I hit around a million subscribers within two or three months. I saved up as much money as i could and the moment I turned 16, I moved out. I'm 23 now so I'd say I've been living alone for about 7 years. When I turned 18 I met this beautiful family, who I couldn't be more thankful for.

"KAY!" Deji screamed, pulling me out of my thoughts and scaring the absolute shit out of me.

My reaction was apparently "priceless" so deji was basically dying laughing.

"I'm so sorry. That was just really funny" he said, as his breathing evened out.

"It's alright. At least I got good vlog content now." I said laughing.

"Kay. Think of the clickbait," He said grabbing onto my shoulders, and shaking me as if it was obvious.

"I've never been this scared before in my life" he said busting out laughing.

"And there is the thumbnail." I said to the camera.

I turned my camera off, remembering what JJ told me.

"Oh, JJ wanted me to tell you all that he loves and misses you." I said, looking up at them.

"He is never really around anymore. We see you more than him." Yinka said, looking up at me from the couch.

she was obviously upset, so i sat next to her and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sure he doesn't mean it that way honey." i said.

my heart was breaking for this lady, she raised me up from nothing and i am so thankful for her. i wish j could just go see his momma more.

"I'm not sticking up for him but he truly has been really busy lately." I added trying to lighten the mood, and defend JJ in anyway i could.

"I guess we understand. It's just hard seeing him live a life all over the internet, without us in it." Jide said, causing me to frown.

"i'm so sorry. you guys should try speaking with him to explain how you guys are feeling." i frowned.