Taking another sip from the wine glass, I nod my head which urges him to continue speaking.

He pushes his blonde hair to the side, making sure it is still in place. "So I told her that I have been talking myself up to speak to her all night and she just stared at me, gave me a look of disgust then laughed at me. Her friends were laughing too. I asked her if I could buy her a drink and she didn't answer me so I just did it anyway. I wish I hadn't because she pulled another face at me, told me to stop talking to her, and walked off."

From what I seen I thought the girl was rude, but after hearing his story I now know that the girl is a downright bitch.

The guy skulls his beer and puts his head back in his hands, groaning in frustration. I signal the bar attender and once I have his attention I say "another one of those thanks."

The guy behind the bar nods his head at me and refills the blondies glass.

"What's your name?" I ask him as I should probably stop calling him blondie.

"Josh" he replies. "Thank you" he says once he realises his glass is full again.

"I'm Hailey. So Josh, how about we find you another girl. One that is actually worth your time."

He laughs. "Thanks for the offer but I think my ego is already bruised enough for tonight."

I let out a sigh. "I completely understand. I just came from a bad date. Well, I basically left before it had started so it's probably considered a quarter of a date."

Josh chuckles. "Whoever that guy was must be on another planet or something."

"He was. It is called the land of the iPhone."

His eyes widen. "He was on his phone the entire time?"

"Pretty much. Like don't get me wrong, I am on my phone a lot too. But when I am on a date, the only time I am on my phone is if I have to reply to an important text message or to take a picture of my food."

"Oh no, you're a foodie?"

I raise my hands in surrender. "Guilty as charged."

"Well, we're in LA. We are surrounded by 97% of foodies."

Josh does have a point. Most of us have jobs in relation to social media so it is important to keep our socials up to date.

"Oh my goodness" Josh says and holds his beer in front of his face. I look around but don't see anything out of the ordinary.

"What's wrong?"

"If you look straight ahead and slightly to the right at that short blonde girl with the white dress. She was my high school crush."

"Go talk to her!" I encourage him.

"No way. She won't even remember me. We barely said two words the whole of high school."

"Well you can change that you know. Now is the perfect opportunity. Wait, is she single?"

He nods his head. "Has been for about a year now according to her Instagram bio."

"I mean it's your choice man, but I really think you should go for it."

Josh smiles. "There needs to be more girls like you Hailey."

I point to his high school crush. "There may be already."

"I don't know what to say to her. What if she can't hear me over the music? I feel like I'm just going to stay here and drink beer with you."

He can't let one bitch ruin his night. Not all girls are going to be kind and caring people. But not all of us act as if we have a pole shoved up our ass. And his high school crush looks sweet. She has a really pretty smile.