Chapter 66

"When you said your last goodbye, I died a little bit inside."

Louis' P.O.V

"I'm home..." I tiredly say out loud into the large foyer, my voice echoing into the rest of my family home. I could hear the sounds of the television being played in the living room and the scattered chatter between everyone else. I closed the large front door behind me.

It wasn't that I didn't like being home but it was just always so loud. From my 6 siblings, all ranging from toddlers to teenagers, my mum her husband and Lila, it was a full house and I didn't know if I could take it. I'm exhausted, any life I had left in me completely gone.

I sighed, dropping my duffel bag, next to the front door as I heard footsteps start to rush towards me. My body felt heavy as it had for the past few hours.

"Louis!" I hear my younger sisters shout as they lunged towards me, hugging me tightly. Behind them I looked through my droopy eyes to see my mum, my other sisters, and Lila make their way out of the living room.

I grinned, mustering up whatever energy I had left, and hugged my little sisters back.

"Hi guys" I say muffled as I hugged both of them back tightly. My family continued to look at us.

They pulled away, allowing for my other sisters to come up and hug me.

And so on and so forth I greeted everyone, wondering how I didn't collapse from the emptiness and exhaustion within those couple minutes. I said hi to my other siblings and my mothers husband as everyone around me muttered lines about how I wanna as late or how they missed me. Then there was only only two people left to greet; my mum and Lila.

My mum smiled at me as she came up to me after having waited her turn. She knew how to read me and could evidently tell something was wrong.

"Hi dear." I hear my her say, giving me a kiss on my cheek and wrapping her arms around me tightly. I closed my eyes, hugging her back tightly as well. This was the first comforting feeling I've felt in a while and if I was honest, my mum and family for that matter were the only stable ground I felt like I had at this moment. I lost almost everything but still had them and I could find some solace within that.

And so I stayed there for a good couple seconds, hugging her before we pulled away. She brought her hand to my face and looked me in the eye.

"We made you a cake but if I'm honest, I think you should get some rest, you look so tired. We can always blow the candles out tomorrow." She said concerned, slightly pinching my cheek before removing her hand.

"Don't worry we can blow the candles out now." I tell her through my groggy voice. They had all been waiting for me, it was the least I could do. I wanted nothing more but to crawl up in my bed but I could spare a couple minutes.

My mum just grinned at me, caressing my shoulder with her hand before pulling away. By this time my family had dispersed around the house except for Lila who waited 5 feet away from me, both her arms crossed.

My mum, who stood in the middle of us both, quickly saw what was she was in the middle of something, and with as much contempt she had for Lila, she knew that Lila was going to want to talk to me privately.

"Oh.. I'll give you two a minute, we'll all be in the kitchen waiting to cut the cake. Come when you're ready." My mum said to me, her eyes flashing between the both of us before quickly walking off into the house.

I felt like at this moment I was going to pass out from exhaustion, the last thing I needed was Lila to begin her bitching and whining, but it was inevitable, and I rather get it done now than later.