Chapter 9

"Throw me in the deep end, watch me drown."

Daphney's P.O.V

I ran home as fast as I could, my heart still pumping full of adrenaline, goosebumps still protruding on the surface of my skin, and the lingering ghost of his touch still stuck on my lips, wrists, and waist.

I've always dreamed of what it would be like to kiss him. I always thought it'd feel like I was home again but no, it was so much more than that. It was like an intense feeling that made me burst inside, made me forget where I was and what my problems were around me. All I could focus on in that period of time was him, not my problems going on around me, just him, and his lips pressed against mine, his hands grabbing and clutching my waist while my hands touched his soft hair that I had almost—just almost—forgot the the feeling of these past years.

All I remember of the few seconds before we kissed was his stormy eyes dilating as they stared at my lips then looking back up into my eyes with such an intense and longing stare before he smashed his soft lips into mine making everything around me disappear, only making him the only thing relevant in my life for that period of time.

I quickly ran up the stairs of my porch making the wood creak beneath me, then grabbing my keys and unlocking the door so fast letting me slip inside and slamming it shut locking it.

I'm greeted by the warmth of my heater saving me from the cold brisk air of outside even though it was June for christ's sake.

I instantly kicked my shoes off before running up the stairs, the wood floors feeling warm beneath my feet due to the heater as I made my way to the second story of my house.

I had to read it, I had to read the letter. It was like some sort of instinct that pushed me to read the letter that he had wrote me. I've always promised myself I'd never read it unless I'd have to but this was something I had to do.

I barge into my old room, turning the light on and then running my way over to the drawer that I put everything of his in. I kneeled down, my knees touching the floor as I grabbed the metal handle to pull the drawer open but I stopped.

I was hesitating knowing if I read the letters, and saw his things that I would lose it and go crazy but honestly how much more crazy can I get than what I was now? I am a drunken, emotionally unstable, teenager that is walking through their house like a fucking mad person.

I stopped hesitating and instantly grasped the metal handle once again then pulling the drawer open to be greeted with all his things.

T-shirts, jumpers, and the note.

Everything slowed down around me as I finally started acting a bit more calm, my hands slowly gliding over the soft fabrics of his Adidas sweatshirt, joy division t-shirt, and the future is now t-shirt with a few more jumpers below them.

I remember when I took all of these, the forest green Adidas jumper had to be my favourite story out of all of them. I remember it so clearly.

****
"Where the fuck is it?!" I heard a shout erupt from the upstairs area of Louis' room as I heard a clatter of hangers, drawers and him also looking around on the floor because he leaves all his clothes on the floor.

I slightly giggle at his outburst while I'm making a pot of ramen for Lou and I.

I thought it be cute to make him dinner and plus I'm tired of him ordering his stupid jalapeño pizza, thus leaving me to make a yummy—not so nutritious—meal for the both of us.

"Princess?!" I hear him call out as I heard his footsteps coming down the stairs of my his house.

"Yeah, Lou?" I reply as I stirred the pot of ramen, which should be done in like 2 minutes.