Chapter 28

"Settle down with me, and I'll be your safety."

Louis' P.O.V

  I wake up to the sun blaring down on my face, disrupting me from my sleep and slight hangover. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I didn't know where I was until I realised I was in Daph's room, when I saw a small mess of brown entangled hair, laying down next to me.

I quickly get up to close the curtain because the sun was irritating me. The one day that it's sunny is the one day I have a hangover, just my fucking luck.

I quickly grasp the fabric of the curtain and throw it over the window, now leaving the room with a soft glow of the morning sun, instead of its blaring shine.

I slowly turn around and plop back down on the mattress, that laid on the floor with no headboard. I quickly tucked myself under the covers and shut my eyes until I heard a groggy voice emit, beside me.

"My head hurts." Daph mumbles as she scoots next to me and cuddles into my chest, since I was laying on my side.

"Mine too." I mumble as I open my eyes and wrap my arm, lazily, around her waist.

She looked up at me as she brought her hands to me hair.

"Least you look cute though." She mumbles sleepily as she plays with strands of my hair, now only focusing on it as my eyes started to close at the feeling of her hands in my hair.

"Hmm, cute?" I mumble, yawning slightly.

"Shhhh, my head hurts." She says disregarding my comment.

My hand drew lazy circles over the side of her hips as she played with my hair. It was all a nice feeling, making me wish to never get up.

"I'm gonna get some Tylenol or something." I heard her mumble as she turned over and sat up, about to get out of bed.

I quickly got up though, wrapping my arms around her body and pulling her back down next to me.

"Lou!" She giggled as she tried to squirm out of my arms.

"Stay with me." I groggily muttered as I held her back closer to mine and wrapped my legs over her.

Daphney's P.O.V

My face grew with a grin and my heart swelled with every touch and every word that fell of his lips. Why was he acting like this? I don't know, but I loved it.

I quickly turned over and faced him now, his limbs still holding me.

I loved the colour of his eyes and the way they looked in the morning, I loved the way his voice sounded when he wakes up, and I loved the way I feel with him. I loved him.

It was a nice feeling as I watched him sleepily, closing his eyes shut, hair messily sticking up in every which direction, the image in front of me making my heart swell by the second making me forget about the aching in my head as I quickly cuddled into his chest.

"Your hair smells good." I heard him mumble to which my cheeks heated up.

"Thanks it's from tesco" I murmur into his shirt as I try to hold back my laughter because I use a 2£ shampoo from tesco instead of some 'super high quality' one.

"Didn't we meet at tesco?" He mumbled as he still drew circles on my hips. The question made a warm feeling grow inside me.

"Yeah, I was getting a notebook and I couldn't reach it so you grabbed it." I say restraining my smile as I looked up at him, only to see him staring back.

"I know, just wanted to see if you remembered." He said doing that little crinkly eyed smile that killed me. Literally, it killed me. Like I wanted nothing more than to kiss him right now, but I know it wouldn't be out of love because he doesn't feel the same way; so what's the point?

This feeling that dawned over me, made my mood turn my daze to sadness almost instantly as I knew what we were doing right now would only be temporary, not forever. Of course it's naïve of me to even remotely think that I could have any part of him when he's with Lila.

"So when does your work start?" I ask him curiously, trying to get my mind off the topic.

"Three weeks with that stupid little 'hotshot' of yours." He mutters seeming annoyed at the thought of Alex.

"Please don't be so mean to him Lou, he didn't mean any harm." I tell Louis, the last thing I want is a very angry Louis always picking on Alex.

"He was mocking me." Louis muttered through gritted.

"Just please try, for me." I look up at him to see that his harsh facial expression had softened. He took a little while to reply before another sigh emits from his mouth.

"No promises, but I won't be as harsh on him as I would've." Louis says relenting a little bit to which I felt relief.

"Thank you." I say as I have him a quick little kiss on the fabric of his shirt.

Silence then fell upon us until Louis asked me something.

"Does he treat you right Daphney? Louis asked with concern in his voice.

"Wha-why?" I ask him as I furrowed my eyebrows, now looking up at him.

"I know he seems like a nice guy but I feel like he's hiding something and I just don't want you to get caught up in that." Louis tells me worryingly. *foreshadowwwwww*

"Louis, please don't. He's a gentlemen, not some scum that you think he is." I tell Louis defensively, mostly because he can have Lila, yet, I can't have anyone?

"I'm just telling you to be careful, and to know your values in a relationship with a guy that portrays himself like the 'perfect' gentleman." Louis says  as he sighs.

"I'm not five Louis." I mumble as I turn over and pull away from his arms, staring to get mad because it's not fair that he criticises the guy I'm dating yet he is dating a stiff cardboard box, and for him also treating me like I'm a child.

"I never said you were 5, I'm just warning you to please watch yourself." He said as he tried to move closer to me, to which I crawled out of the bed.

"I'm going to get Tylenol downstairs." I mumble angrily now walking away from him.

Woah look who updated? Okay so I know a lot of you are going to comment how stupid she's being but let me just say that she's naïve, she's only been in a relationship with one guy so she really doesn't know what it's like, and she also feels jealous because he has Lila, yet she think that he doesn't want her to have anyone. Anyway can we get to 30 comments? Please tell me your opinions on this chapter!

-Emma