Chapter 50

"If being wrong's a crime I'm serving forever, if a strong's your kind, than I need help with this feather."

Louis' P.O.V

I let the warm water cascade down my face as I stood in the shower. The steam enveloped me as I just stood taking a deep breath.

Today was a mostly uneventful day for the most part, except this morning when we went to the hospital and I saw Daphney. She looked like she was crying but just said she had a stomach bug, I tried calling her when I got back home to see if she was fine but there was no answer, and her car wasn't in her driveway so I assumed she wasn't home. I did stop by though and drop off something in her post, it was a surprise I did for her a while back.

I turned around, letting the water hit my back causing me to slightly wince since Daphney left scratches all over my back two days ago.

I then turned off the water and got out the shower.

I grabbed a towel off the rack before putting it around my waist and then walking out of the bathroom into my bedroom only to see Lila putting away laundry in our shared walk in closet.

I shrugged it off and walked inside the closet to grab some clothes to change into.

"Oh my god babe, you wouldn't believe the new bed set that Sophia bought...." Lila began to say but  ignored her as I began changing, we were back to back with each other as she put clothes in drawer and as I changed.

I put on my pair of boxers as I kept on muttering a 'hmmm' to pretend I was listening.

"I think I want to throw away some clothes and give them away, I don't like the way this fits me-" Lila said as she began turning around, my back facing her, but she stopped talking.

I began putting on my sweatpants before Lila spoke up.

"Louis, why do you have all these scratches on your back?" She examined, her hands slightly gliding across my damp back causing me to slightly wince.

"You gave them to me Thursday night before you left to Birmingham." I lie as I go to put on a muscle tee.

"Oh, I didn't know I was going to rough on you." She said puzzled but I think she was buying it.

"Yeah, we were going at it babe." I say not necessarily lying, my hands running through my wet hair, as I went to hang my towel up on the rack in our closet. We did have sex Thursday night, that wasn't a lie, but she didn't go rough on my back or at least think she did.

She gave me a weird look as she furrowed her eyebrows at me. I turned my face so I can face her as she spoke up.

"Are you sure Louis?" She questioned me, her face puzzled and her eyes squinting focusing on my face.