Chapter 10

"Reminisce of sweet addiction."

Louis' P.O.V

I lay awake in bed right now, Lilas naked body laying next to mine.

Once everyone left the party, and my sisters went to sleep in the guest room, I had sex with Lila, just to rid the feeling of Daphney off of me, convince myself that I love Lila, which I do, but I can't help but wonder about her at this time of night, 1:57 A.M to be exact.

The few seconds after I kissed her, I can't get the look of her out of my mind. Her face had soften, her bambi eyes looking up at me with an unreadable expression. Even though I want to deny it, when I kissed her it felt like I was home again, like everything fell into place and I forgot every fucking think that happened around me. I wonder if she maybe felt the same?

I want to let her know that the kiss meant nothing—even though that may or may not be a lie—and to ask if we can be normal with each other, or at least as normal as you can be in this awkward situation because Lila has taken quite the liking to her, and I have to to have the air cleared between us so nothing will come up between her and Lila like the little outburst she had today if they decide to talk to one another.

Part of me wants to go over to her house and tell her this. Should I? I mean it's late but I know for a fact when I was 18 I'd stay up till the ass crack of dawn so she might be up.

As I think about all of this I stare up at the ceiling, in my room or now our room. My head turns to Lila sleeping soundly and peacefully in an area Daphney had once laid in. Hair fell softly in Lila's face. Lila was a very beautiful girl, blue eyes, blonde hair with bangs, but her beauty never resembled the beauty I had once saw in Daph in a time that felt like ages ago.

I sighed in frustration. I obviously won't be able to go to fucking sleep when in every crook and crevice in my head Daphney pops into them.

I get out of bed softly and slowly not wanting to wake Lila, then grabbing my boxers on the ground and putting them on so I wasn't naked. I then grab a white t-shirt from my drawer and a pair of loose fitting black sweat pants before slowly walking out of the room, shutting the door so softly.

I softly shuffled my way down stairs, my sisters were sleeping in the other room and obviously I wouldn't want to wake them up either.

Once I'm downstairs I turn on the lights but only a few leaving the house just a bit dim.

In moments where I can't sleep like this I usually just write, write anything really. It was an outlet but at this moment I didn't want to write, I wanted a cigarette. I really should stop, I've been smoking ever since I could grab a pack but at least I don't smoke like five packs a day.

I grab my lighter along with my cigarettes before stepping into my porch, slipping on my Adidas slides before going outside.

Lila didn't like when I smoked in the house, and I can understand why but sometimes I'd sneak one inside anyways but I've always like smoking outside at night anyway.

When I closed the door leaving me on my front porch, I turned my head to see the lights are still on in Daphney's house. Maybe I should take this time to talk to her, she might be awake.

This might be a stupid idea though, but when I honestly have to clear everything up before Lila and her start talking and she decides to slip like she did today. I had no idea what that was. She seemed almost jealous about the engagement. I mean she was drunk as well but she did that on purpose, telling Lila and leaving me to tell Lila some fake dumb ass story, but her actions were the ones that led into the kiss, or really just made me mad, go outside, and then close the space between us.