Chapter 1

"It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right."

3 years later, May 17th

Daphney's P.O.V

Just one more.

Just one more cigarette and then I'll sneak back into class or at least try to sneak back into French.

I loved them dearly, I love how they burned the back of your throat as you inhaled them inside. I love how you can feel your lungs expanding when you do do so. I just fucking love cigarettes.

I also loved how they calmed me down, making me feel at peace, they just had this weird affect. I loved smoking laying down on the grass looking at the clouds as I was doing just now.

I laid here on the grass of the courtyard behind school smoking my cigarettes.

I looked down at my hand. My cigarette held between my pointer and middle finger. The cigarettes actually made my tattoo on my wrist kind of look cool. I had only one small tattoo on my body which was my teacup on my wrist, I got it playing stick and poke one drunken night with Zara and Kayla.

I smoked as often as I could but the only times I really could is during French class when I skip because no guards check the courtyard, in my bathroom when the shower is running to mask the smell, or when I sneak out of here.

I don't understand why I'm so scared of getting in trouble though, it is my last year and I do "graduate" in a few days.

The reason I put graduate in quotations is because people mostly consider they graduate when they attend the ceremony but for seniors there's a date when you can go home and stop classes because you don't need to attend anymore since you've finished the course and of course that is in a few days or 5 to be exact. I'm not planning to attend the graduation ceremony, as soon as I can leave this shit hole I am.

I sighed before checking the time on my phone having a feeling it was getting late.

11:28 am it read.

Bell rings in two minutes which means I have to go to literature. I don't mind literature, it's one of those classes that don't really bother you or at least for me it is. I've always been pretty good and it.

I sigh before ashing out the cigarette that I had in my hand on the dirt and then covering it up so no one saw it.

I shoved the carton of cigarettes I had in my backpack before grabbing my compact mirror and clicking it open.

I fixed my smudged eyeliner that covered my whole eye giving me my signature "grungy" look or so other people would say. I've been wearing my makeup like this for the past 2 years and even though I've been told about hundreds of times not to wear it I still did because I like it and people should not confine how I fucking do my makeup.

I get up off the somewhat slightly wet grass and ran my hand through my long hair fixing it to the side.

I then pat down the dirt on my plaid skirt and pulled my knee socks up. If I didn't do this I would get a uniform violation and honestly I really don't feel the fucking need to get cursed out by the head mistress for the millionth fucking time.

Ding, ding, ding

I heard the bell ring signalling that we were about to switch classes so I slung my leather bookbag over my shoulder and started walking off the damp grass onto the concrete sidewalk that lead inside the corridor of one of the many buildings here.

I walked through the hallway trying to make my way past all these girls that want to just spend their fucking lifetime in the hallway when they don't take into fucking consideration that other girls have to get to class.