Chapter 64

"My heart is yours, it's you that I hold onto."

Louis' P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted by white fluorescent lights shining brightly down on me.
I had forgotten where I was, in my groggy state, until the smell of isopropyl alcohol hit me and the sound of an iv dripping was heard.

My eyes slowly wandered around the room allowing the events that occurred last night to flood back into my mind after being awake for less than 5 seconds. I let out a sigh as my heart had dropped at them.

Daphney's head laid on my chest, her body to the side and curving into mine. I looked at her tired, pale, sleeping face; it killed me to see her so tired and broken.

My arm laid under her sleeping body, allowing my hand to make it way to the back of her head and softly caress the knotted brown hair.

I closed my eyes as I laid there with her. I was exhausted, emotionally and physically. My body was sore, my throat was scratchy, my eyes were heavy. I didn't get much sleep at all, I was half asleep; still somewhat aware of my surroundings but I wasn't fully awake, leaving me feeling restless. I felt like shit, to sum it up, but I didn't really focus on it. I imagined that if I felt like this, Daphney probably feels a million times worse, which made me worry.

So I laid there with her, like I had all night. I didn't dare to move, not wanting to wake her up and let her get as much rest as possible. Despite being exceptionally tired, I couldn't find a way to go back to sleep. I was just there, our bodies intertwined, and my head feeling like mush. I felt so fried that I couldn't even think about last night, I was completely drained. All the adrenaline and anxiety that I got from last night had completely combusted, leaving me to feel all of its effects. But, once again, I laid there with my eyes closed, holding Daphney.

We stayed like this for a while until I heard the door open.

"Good morning." I heard the familiar voice of Dr. Morris say as she walked into the room, her heels tapping against the floor.

I tiredly opened my eyes, to see Daphney slowly stirring awake. Her puffy eyes began to flutter open. She slowly untangled herself from my body and brought her hands to her eyes, rubbing them. She was probably half asleep like I was if she woke up that easily.

"Oh, good morning to the two of you.." Dr. Morris says to the both of us as she quickly saw us when she looked up from her clipboard giving us a friendly smile, trying to break the gloomy mood of the room, but nonetheless, it still lingered.

"Good morning." I muttered to her as I got off of the hospital bed, and moved myself to a dark green chair next to it. Daphney sat up on the bed as she still continued to wake up.

"How are you feeling?" I hear Dr. Morris ask Daphney, who look at her through half shut eyes. The doctor made her way to the side of the bed, checking the monitor that Daphney was hooked up to.

"Tired." Daph replied, rubbing her eyes once again.

Dr. Morris nodded before responding.

"Well don't worry, we're going to discharge you after I do one final checkup. Then you can go home and catch up on your rest." She warmly smiled at Daphney, before writing down something on her clipboard.

Daphney just nodded, tiredly.

"Okay, so first things first, are you going to be alone at home throughout the next 24 hours?" Dr. Morris asks Daphney. She was going to reply but I cut her off.