Chapter 49 (Yes, another chapter)

"Fingernails the size of a half grain of rice, eyelids closed to me soon open wide."

Yes another chapter because you guys deserve it.

Daphney's P.O.V

"Yes, you're definitely pregnant." Doctor Morris said as she placed the ultrasound stick thing on my stomach, or the probe as she called it, but that sounds too alien-like for me.

"Oh my god, but you said I wasn't?" I told her in shock as I ran my hands through my hair, still laying back down on the bed, anxiety overcoming me every fucking second.

"I did, but that was because you came in either extremely early or the child was conceived after. I would say that the embryo was attaching to the uterine wall at the time or the baby was conceived a couple days after you came." She said as she kept on scanning my stomach with the probe.

"Oh god." I said throwing my head back feeling like I'd puke.

I had made an appointment yesterday, to come  first thing for an appointment. Zara sat outside in the waiting room because I told her I needed to be alone for this.

"You're about 6 weeks on the dot." She said as she monitored the screen that sat in front of her in the dark room.

"I've been like this for a month and a half?!" I say in shock, still laying down, hands pulling at my hair. My hands were slightly trembling as my breathing was fast paced. I tried to stay calm but I'm carrying another life in me, it's hard to stay calm.

"Around there, remember it take two weeks to conceive the baby" she says looking at the screen.

I felt a lump in my throats and stomach making it hard to swallow. I felt like I was going to puke, or cry, or both.

I still haven't seen the ultrasound screen cause it was facing her. I don't even know if I want to see it because if I do look at it, it'll just make this real, like really real.

"But I was taking birth control, I still am taking birth control. I don't understand how this could've happened?" I say shocked as my eyes were wide looking at the ceiling. My lungs felt like they were caving in and like blood wasn't flowing through my body. This is not happening.

"The birth control pill is about 98% effective so I guess you're one of the lucky 2 out of 100 to get pregnant, or you could've stopped taking your pill for a couple days." Doctor Morris explained to me, still probing my stomach with the stick.

Lucky my ass, I felt like I was gonna die.

I just took a deep breath, staring at ceiling. The lump in my throat only expanding more and more making it hard to breathe.

It was a baby, a baby that was both Louis' and mine. A baby that was conceived by the both of us. Like an actual living thing that was just purely made of Louis and I.

My body made a baby, an actual living thing.

Although my anxiety is through the roof and I'm having a nervous breakdown, my hands shaking and my body feeling like it was failing on me, I was amazed slightly. Like my body made a baby, my body actually made a person.

"Would you like to talk about your options?" She asked me, taking her attention away from the screen and looking at me.

The blood drained from my face at the question. My breathing was shaky as I spoke up stuttering.

"What options?"

"Pregnancy options." She told me me as I removed my hands from my hair. I didn't know what options I had, I've never gone through this, I have absolutely no idea. These weren't thoughts that went through my head.