Chapter 42

"Now if you never shoot, you never know."

Daphney's P.O.V

I take a shot of the bitter liquid, a burning sensation following down my throat, before placing the shot glass face down on the table.

This was the first one of the night, and no doubt that it wouldn't be the last.

"Jesus, you took that way better than me..." Alex trailed off as he coughed on the shot of vodka, pressing his hand to his chest.

"I practice." I tell him with a slight laugh following behind.

The air was humid inside the club, electronic music and flashing, multi-coloured light, blinding me but it was a good distraction.

As soon as I left Louis' house, I went inside my house and changed from my clothing into a dress also putting on some dark makeup, and then getting in my car and picking up Alex so we can go out. I needed a distraction and this was it.

Alex called up some of his friends so now I'm here sitting in a group at a table like thing at the club that's meant for groups. There were a couple of guys and girls, most either looked like frat boys or hipsters along with Riley and Zara making out in a corner, making me want to gag. They're so into each other that it's revolting.

I grabbed another shot from the round we ordered and poured it down my throat once again. Again, distraction needed.

"Someone's looking to get faded." Alex laughed at me as his hand gently glided over my thigh making me want to slightly cringe, but at the same time, it made me feel free in a weird way, like I don't need to keep myself to just one person.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't phased by the fight, of course I am. Half of it was my anger and resentment and the other half was knowing that Louis was right about me, and I didn't want him to be, I didn't want him to have me figured out, but nevertheless, he did. I am broken, and he was right but here I go ahead again with self-destruction and disregard everything he said, being my ignorant self, and live my life as is.

I think I'm mostly mad for ending things with the one thing that made me happy, even though he was just basically a best friend I shag, he was the only relevant thing that made me happy. I gave him up though because as I previously stated, I'm mad, and part of me also felt horrible for making him worry about me. He shouldn't worry about me, I shouldn't waste his time, yet I was. I was an inconvenience to him and I bet he's glad I'm out of his life.

I felt my eyes water up, but I'm promising myself I'm not going to cry. What I did was good, I left because I wanted him to be happy, and he's moving now so I'll be less of an inconvenience. I can't cry, I left him because I love him, I love him so much, and I can't push him in the water only to drown with me.

The alcohol was hitting me but not as hard as i wanted it to, so I took one more shot and then ordered another drink behind that.

I didn't pay attention as the people around me laughed and drank, I stayed seated and distanced myself from their amusing conversations, plummeting into a dark hole, a.k.a my brain.

"Is everything all right? It was your idea to come here but you're being all distant." Alex asks me in my ear because the EDM music was blaring.

I just rolled my eyes annoyed before turning towards him and replying.

"Everything's fine, my stomach's just slightly hurting, it should go away when the alcohol kicks in." I lie before turning away from Alex resulting in him mumbling an 'okay.' And then him continuing laughing with his friends.