Chapter 31

"She's touching his chest now, he takes of her dress now, let me go."

Daphney's P.O.V

His bright blue eyes were glued to his phone as we both sat here at the coffee shop by the university because he had class in an hour but wanted to spend time with me before he left, yet we were going to some art opening tonight? Is this how relationships work, because I haven't been in one for about three years.

I patiently sipped my coffee as I watched his fingers glide over the screen. Alex's eyes flickered back and fourth as he kept on typing as his free hand pushed hair back that fell in his face. God was he hot, yet I feel nothing?

"Sorry babe, just school stuff" he slightly chuckled as his eyes glanced up to mine and he put his phone down.

"It's alright." I fake grin as I sipped my coffee once again, holding the warm cup between my sweater paws.

I saw Alex pick up his phone and take a quick picture of me before I realised what was going on.

"What was that for?" I ask questioningly as I set the coffee back down.

"Sorry, you just looked adorable." He slightly smiled looking down as his cheeks caught a red tinge, as mine did the same.

Why am I not feeling butterflies? Why don't I feel warm inside? Doesn't a relationship feel like that? Yes, I did blush but that's just a reaction but I'm not feeling anything.

"Oh, thanks" I mumble smiling mostly at the compliment as I looked down.

"So are you excited for tonight? I think after the opening we should maybe go to the after party? It's being held down in Leicester Square." He asks me as he bit his lip.

"Yeah definitely, I've never been to an art opening before. What do you wear to an event like this?" I ask him slightly not knowing mostly because I've always spent my teenage years sneaking out of my school and going to pubs and parties.

"I mean it isn't like a red carpet..." He trailed off chuckling. I slightly chuckled as well.

"Like maybe a nice dress with like and overcoat like a denim jacket to dress it down; semi-formal is the word." He said to me as he brought his hot chocolate to his lips. The words that he said sounded so pretentious.

"I'm down for it, haven't been to a party in forever so it'll be nice to let loose afterwords." I say as I rest my head on my hand but I'm quickly stopped when Alex looked down at his phone, checking the time.

"Oh shit, I'm going to be late to Tomlinson's class. He's gonna bite my head off." I hear Alex say in frustration as he places a five dollar bill on the table and slings his backpack over his shoulder. My stomach dropped when he said his name.

"I highly doubt that he'd bite your head off." I say nervously laughing as I thought about what I told Louis, to take it easy on Alex but sometimes Louis won't even listen to me so I'm not sure.

"Oh yes he will. The dude hates me man." He says nervously as he continued packing his rucksack.

I quickly got up as Alex did the same and slung my messenger bag over my shoulder.

"Oh come on, he doesn't hate you..." I trail off trying to be sympathetic.

"Oh yes he does, the other day he almost threw me out of class because I dropped my damn pen on the floor and he said I was 'disrupting class'" Alex sarcastically rolls his eyes as he turns around and starts walking.