Chapter 7

Thought you guys deserved a double update.

"One more taste of your lips just to bring me back, to the places we've been and the nights we've had"

While reading this chapter listen to the album movement, by movement. Trust me you'll love it.

Daphney's P.O.V

Today was the day of the cocktail party and honestly I really don't want to go but I told Lila I was and I know I can just cancel but I feel bad because she was so excited for me to go. I'm one of those people that have a really hard time saying no to people.

I know, I shouldn't go but something is pushing me to go no matter how hard I'm trying to force myself that I shouldn't go, there's this thing in the back of my head pushing me too even though I won't know anyone and I'm actually socially awkward around people I don't know.

Right now I'm in my pink bra and underwear rummaging through my closet trying to find something to wear. It was the typical fucking scenario in a movie where the girl can't find anything to wear in a closet full of clothes but I have a pretty good excuse for not knowing what to wear because I've never been to a cocktail party and I don't know what those people wear.

Obviously in this case I pulled out absolutely every dress in my closet and contemplated between them. They were either all to short, tight, revealing or just ugly ones my mum has bought me throughout the years.

After maybe of thirty minutes trying on dresses I finally decided with the first one I tried on which was a black velvet underwire dress from American apparel paring them with black platform sandals that at least boost me up 3 inches.

Even though 5'3 is still considered short, it makes all the difference on my 5'0 body.

Once I put everything on I went inside the bathroom to see my full outfit in the mirror.

I looked good, even though I don't have any makeup on, my body looked nice, despite my height I was glad I at least had a waist and boobs because they at least make me look older. I never really feel confident with my body so when I do it really does shock me.

After I finished looking at myself in the mirror for approval I went to do my makeup so I can give my face some justice.

All I did on my face was kinda like Effy from skins inspired, I didn't go full raccoon eyes but I did have smudged eye liner on the bottom and top of my eye lids as well as dark eye shadows defining the corner of my eyes along with a nude lipstick.

My makeup took about twenty minutes but once I got it done I only really had hair left to do and out of all honesty I had no idea what I should do.

I just simply brushed it and added dry shampoo since I did straighten my hair earlier this week.

I ended up tossing my hair around for twenty minutes trying to find that 'specific' look, you know the one I'm talking about where you're in front of a mirror for minutes tossing your hair around until it gets to that perfect spot. That 'look' happened to take me twenty minutes.

Once I finished I checked myself in the mirror once again just to check if I looked okay.

I then picked up my phone on the granite counter of my bathroom to check the time only to find out it was 8:46 pm.

"Fuck." I mutter since I was late but there is such a thing as fashionably late, right?

Yeah no, there's absolutely no such thing, I'm late.

I sigh before walking out of the master bedroom shutting the door and walking down the stairs rapidly only to fall down the last two steps on my ass.