Chapter 18

"You gotta help me, I'm losing my mind."

Daphney's P.O.V

My hands shook as I stared at the blank test waiting for a response. I took two tests. One that was 8 minutes long and one that was five minutes long so I can make sure I got the same result. I also sat here on the bathroom floor as Zara waited outside the door because I asked her to give me some time.

I can't be pregnant, can I?

It seems almost impossible to be pregnant, I take my pill everyday. I mean I did forget to take it one day but that can't have any effect on it right? I mean I have friends who forget to take the pill for a whole week but never even end up pregnant.

Even though it's been five minutes since I took the test, it feels like an absolute eternity. How can a damn test take so freaking long?

That's when I heard a beep come from the testing causing me to jolt my head down looking at it frantically my stomach dropping, and my hands trembling as I read what it said.

Unresponsive.

Unresponsive?

"Unresponsive?!" I mumbled to myself so utterly confused as to what is going on. I grab the box from the top of the counter and grabbed the instructions from the box.

What the actual fuck does unresponsive mean?

I opened up the folded paper as my eyes scanned the small letters trying to find out what it meant, I mean I have a pretty good clue what it meant but I need reassurance.

Unresponsive- test resulted into nor positive or negative, please see a physician or a professional as soon as possible for valid results.

I read it over and over again, the text giving me an unbearable amount of anxiety. The damn test can't even tell me if I'm pregnant, what the hell.

What if I am pregnant? What am I going to do with a child, I can't even take care of myself let alone having a damn child. I swear to god I'm so safe with my contraception, how could this happen.

I run my trembling hands through my hair now waiting for the 8 minute test to go off to see if I get the same results, I'm just praying that it's a negative. I need it to be negative.

That's when I heard a beep come off of the other test causing me to grab it rapidly only for the results to be a negative sign and a plus sign with a marking under the test reading 'not responsive.'

"Unresponsive?!" I shout out loud in frustration as I stand up with one hand holding the test and the other in my hair almost pulling my hair out in stress.

"Daph I'm coming in." I hear Zara say as she twists the door knob to the bathroom then entering inside.

"What the fuck does unresponsive mean?!" I ask her as she entered inside with wide eyes.

She sighed as she flipped her blonde hair to the side with her hand.

"Okay so it doesn't mean that you are pregnant so look on the bright side!" She says trying to be optimistic but I just furrow my eyebrows at her.

"It can also mean that I am pregnant." I mutter beginning to walk out of the bathroom into the bedroom with Zara following behind.

"Do you know who the possible father could be?" She asked me looking me dead in the eye.

"Yeah... I've been sleeping with the same guy for the past three weeks." I mutter looking down at my feet.

"Then why don't you call him up? He has to know." She says now kind of sounding like a mom, but not my mom. If she ever found out she'd tell me to get an abortion, which I am against.