Chapter 35

"I am tired of this place, I hope people change."

Daphney's P.O.V

"Okay, all my friends are gonna be here so don't embarrass me." Alex asks me as he drove around looking for parking as we were both going to some party.

"How am I going to embarrass you?" I ask slightly offended because I didn't know what I was doing.

"Um- nothing okay? Just don't say anything stupid. You sometimes don't know how to act in events like this." He tells me obnoxiously as I say he rolled his eyes. I felt my self esteem slightly drop but I played it cool.

"It's just a party, Alex." I mutter under my breath as he looked in the mirror checking his appearance.

"It's bad enough you're wearing all the black sharpie type of shit on your eyes, just be quiet and act like a cool girlfriend, okay?" He asked me as I quickly pulled into a parking spot I found right in front of the house. Right now I was being dragged to another 'party' with Alex and I was already hating every minute of it.

"Okay." I mumble slightly insecure. I've already explained to him I wear my makeup like this so he doesn't have to look like he's going out with a 12 year old but I guess he doesn't care.

We both walked out the car as Alex grabbed my hand as we walked up the porch and. into the 'party' but it more was a gathering of pretentious art students and writers, all trying to be poetic but they look like pretentious trash, but of course I fake a smile and walk in trying to look as happy as ever so when I meet them they think of me as cheerful.

"Alex!" One of the guys shouts as we both walked in the room, the door closing behind us. A few people's heads turned towards us but not all because there's like twenty people in the room. The guy started walking up to us along with a few other besides him.

"Hey Mitch." Alex says as he takes his hand out of mine and pulls the guy into a bro hug and then says hi to all the other guys but I just zoned out until I heard my name.

"So this the infamous Daphney?" The guy Mitch says with a warm smile on his face at to which Alex replies.

"Yeah this is her. Daphney, this is Mitch, Dylan, and Chris." Alex says to me and I quickly go to greet all of them.

I shake all their hands and mutter my hellos before I step back and have Alex wrap his arm around me as they all engaged in a conversation, to which I zoned out once again nodding every once in a while. I'm just trying to seem like a 'good' girlfriends as he told me in the car.

"So Daphney, what do you do?" I hear one of the guys ask trying to be friendly and I can see Alex looking down at me with slight panic in his eyes because I don't really do anything and he wants to seem 'cool' to his friends or at least for me to have a cool job like an artist or some shit like that.

"I'm going to uni in spring, getting my bachelors so I can be a music teacher for primary school. I play piano." I say smiling warmly hoping that Alex was content with my answer as I went back to look at him, but he seemed slightly displeased.

"Really, don't seem like the type of girl for that, I mean you seem a little dark, not to offend you. Hope you're good working with kids though, I know if I had to work with 5 year olds I'd die." The guys start laughing and then went into another conversation about kids or some shit to which I saw Alex made out a sigh of relief and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom." I say to Alex and he bends down to say something in my ear.

"Yeah, thanks, it's for the better. Great job at being the cool and quiet girlfriend" He tells me before he stands back up. My stomach dropped and I felt my insecurity rise. Can I ever do anything right?