Chapter 14

"My highs are high, my lows are low."
(This chapter is very important in understanding Daph's feeling towards herself so please read)

Daphney's P.O.V

It's been four days since the whole incident...

I mean it really shouldn't be called an incident because we are going to be doing it more often, right?

I haven't messaged him and he hasn't messaged me yet for anything but I'm kind of glad because I'm sort of learning about this stuff. All my friends think that I'm like a wild child that always hooks up with a guy every night and has them drooling at my feet but in reality I've only slept with one guy in my entire lifetime, which I'm sleeping with now.

Right now I'm at Zara's flat that she shares with Riley but he isn't here right now, he's at work since he's a tattoo artist.

I'm basically laying on the her couch with absolutely no makeup on and stuffing my face with chips while watching spongebob because why not?

"Daph, I swear if you get crumbs on my new couch I will throw you off the balcony!" She screamed at me as she had a tooth brush in her mouth and a towel wrapped around her since she was getting ready to go out and run some errands.

"Uh-huh" I muttered with a mouthful of food looking back at the TV and continuing watching spongebob.

She just sighed and stomped back into her bed room.

I continued watching the cartoons for maybe about 5 minutes before Zara stepped out in a black t-shirt and leggings slipping on some shoes.

"Wait we're leaving already?!" I say aloud as I threw the bag of chips on the coffee table.

She rolled her eyes at me before replying.

"Yeah, I thought you were already ready?" She muttered looking up at me as she tied her shoes.

"No! I can't go out like this, I don't have my face on!" I exclaimed looking at my bare face in the mirror.

Zara sighed before replying.

"We're just gonna be running some errands." She said as she grabbed her bag and keys from the counter.

I sighed before replying.

"Just give me five minutes, I look like an actual fourteen year old without makeup." I mutter grabbing my makeup pouch from my messenger bag running across her carpet floor into her bathroom.

I opened the pouch and started applying the makeup rapidly as I heard Zara's footsteps slowly creep up from behind.

"I don't understand why you put all the shit on your face when you hate it." She muttered leaning up against the door.

Zara was the only person that knew I didn't like the way I dressed, mostly because we've been roommates for three years at that shithole of a school. She knows that I hate wearing all the makeup and dark clothes.

I sighed before replying once again.

"You know I only do it to look older. I hate in when people think I'm younger because I have a stupid baby face." I muttered as I applied my eyeliner on my bottom waterline.

"Yeah but hate absolutely ever aspect of the makeup and the way you dress, you should just dress how you want and tell everyone else to fuck off." She rolled her eyes at me as she crossed her arms.

I faked a laugh at what she just said.

"Okay try saying that when you're 5'0 feet tall and look like a child when you're actually 18." I respond sarcastically rolling my eyes at her.

"I mean you don't look like a child that much..." She trailed off but I laughed when she said that.

"Remember that time I went to Walgreens without makeup to buy cigarettes and the guy told me 'nice try but that's a fake ID' when I handed him my ID?" I say raising my eyebrow at her through the mirror.

"But that was once!" She huffed.

I rolled my eyes at her as I started applying the eyeliner on my top lid.

"People treat me like a child, people undermine how complex my mind is. They think I'm some dumb little girl when in reality I understand everything that's going on around me. Almost everyone I knew before going off to school would treat me like a baby and the fact I still look the same will only make them treat me the same. I don't make myself look like this because I want to, I do it because I have to." I sigh telling Zara the same thing I've always told her.

It was true, the only person that ever treated me like I was an actual intellectual human being with a functioning brain was Louis. My teachers, my parents, and even my friends though I was either too quiet or I was an airhead. They'd baby me and tell me that I wouldn't understand something when in reality I would have.

"Okay Daph, you win. I'll be waiting in the living room." Zara muttered before walking out of the bathroom leaving me to get ready.

Sorry about the short chapter, I just felt as if you guys needed this information. It was a filler but don't worry next chapter will be better and I'll update faster.