Chapter 37

"All we had to do was touch."

Louis' P.O.V

The entire weekend I spent at Daph's place and I thank god that Lila spent the weekend in Birmingham once again for wedding planning but now it was Monday morning and I was contemplating whether calling in sick to work or going.

"Louis, just go. I'm fine." Daphney mumbles tiredly as she ran her fingers through her messy hair which fell over her face.

We both stood by the kitchen counter as it was around 7:30 am, where we had been debating if I should go to work or not.

"What if he shows up here?" I ask her. I am so scared of her being alone now. After what the fucking prick did to her, how can I not? 

Thinking about the fear that fell over me the other night is overbearing.  The minute that I saw that mark on her face I was ready to kill him. Seeing her shaking body covered in bruises made me so angry and scared, god knows what else he could've done. I had watched as she stripped down that night and changed into a new pair of clothes, red marks, that now had evolved to purple marks, all over her back and ribcage. Seeing Daphney hurt like that made me lose it. Fuck, I shed a tear, but I made sure I held that in so I wouldn't make her situation worse.

"Louis, I think he would've showed up sooner, not three days later." She reassures me as he hand gently glided over the purple bruise on her face. Every time I lay my eyes on that bruise, I want to beat the shit out of him even more.

"Daphney—" I was about to say but she stopped me.

"I don't think he's gonna talk to me again, he hasn't texted me or tried to make any form of contact. I'll be fine enough for a couple hours while you work." She tries to reassure me as she yawns tiredly since it was so early.

I also didn't want to go to work today mostly knowing that if he went into class I wouldn't have control over him and I'd probably kill him, even though I did make a promise.

"I don't know, Daph...." I trail off as I bit my lip, frustrated.

"You've been with me all weekend, I'll be fine a couple hours on my own. Maybe I'll go and get some groceries and run a few errands? I'll be fine, okay? Start getting ready, you're gonna be late." She reassures me once again with a slight smile.

I take a quick sigh before wrapping my arms around her small frame, making sure to be careful.

"if anything happens; even the slightest thing, call me. I don't care if I'm at work, just call me, okay? My last class ends at 2 pm today, so I'll be here around then." I tell her as I place a small kiss on the top of her head.

"I will. Now go get ready, I think I washed some of the clothes you left here in the laundry room." She tells me. In reality half my closet was here, I stay here so much when Lila's not around, I even have a razor and toothbrush here.

I quickly give her one last kiss on the top of her head before walking down the hallway and into her laundry room. I looked down in the hamper of clean clothes, eventually finding one of my white t-shirts along with some blue jeans. I quickly got dressed, leaving my sweatpants and shirt down in the dirty laundry pile.

I walked out the laundry room and quickly walked down the hall and back to the kitchen, since I was already going to be late.